2048.5 Deep Fried Piranha Bites - Am I the GM?

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2048.5 Deep Fried Piranha Bites - Am I the GM?

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:29 am

If you look at my Avatar, there is a suggestion that I am an UMEBA GM and looking at the Avatar again, the suggestion could be further read that I am the GM of Tripoli....Is it true? Lane says I'm a full blown GM; I don't doubt what he says but there seems to things missing. But nevertheless, I hadn't written much as I was an "Interim" GM (I don't know anyone that likes the term "interim"). I accepted that particular role as I really do like this league. I like the knowledge of the GMs, I like the competition and I like the level of emersion one can get through writing and following one's team. I haven't been writing much since the initial barrage because Tripoli is not my team.

I have been exporting, keeping the roster clean and keeping coaches hired/fired. I think I put together a decent team with several upgrades that seemed like would have translated to a better record than 37-39 anyway. This team is infuriating.

Liam Dalton - the team's #1 Starter...0-7 in 17 starts....how is that even possible? Do I have UMBEBA's version of Anthony Young on my team? I mean Young was plenty good enough to be a MLB Starting Pitcher in the middle of the rotation, but he somehow lost 27 games in a row, which in the end probably messed with his head enough that he became as bad as one would think a pitcher would be that lost 27 games in a row....

Anthony Young went 3-30 over 2 seasons that included a 27 game losing streak. His ERA? 3.98....Yes, in the steroid 90s....his FIP was 3.38 and 4.07 respectively for those 2 seasons....I hope Liam Dalton wins 2-3 games in a row soon so that I don't have to change his role away from Starting Pitcher.

Of course I went through the period where the idiot Manager I "hired" wouldn't let him throw the # of pitches that I suggested. My whole pitching staff suffered from that BS. Naturally I fired the guy and hired a new guy. I will fire the new guy if he impedes how I want the team to be managed. It's infuriating to compete in something and then not be allowed to control it. I'm not going to expand any further on that as I know others seem to enjoy losing control of how they want the team to be run.

Paul Wapshot - this guy seems pretty good.

Until next time. I'm going back to meetings where we change how we do things so that we can make someone else's resume look better rather than improve the flow/efficiency of the work...yay me!

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”