2048.3 Deep Fried Piranha Bites - Tripoli in 1st Place!

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2048.3 Deep Fried Piranha Bites - Tripoli in 1st Place!

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:45 am

I don't know if anybody happened to notice down here in little 'ole UMBEBA, but the Tripoli Piranhas are in 1st place! Check the Standings! Seriously, you should check it out.

Our Starting Pitching has been a bit disturbing and my "Manager" seems to think a SP should go 4 innings...of course, our relievers carry a 10-1 record, so there's that. Hard to argue I guess when the team is 13-6.

There were a few reasonably decent additions right before the start of the season:

1. Luis Colon - 9/7/6 Starting Pitcher who has maintained a mid-4's ERA in the BBA for 10 years or so. He should be able to fill some innings and he provides much needed leadership in the locker room.

2. Lucio Cuellar - 8/8/2/2/10 3B. This was definitely a "need" signing. I couldn't bear going into the season with Dominguez as Tripoli's only option at 3B. Despite Cuellar's inability to tell balls from strikes, he provides a solid bat and glove and is another player that has taken on an immediate leadership role in the dugout.

3. Justin Jackson - 8/8/9/5/7 LF. Tripoli needed a veteran bat with proven power in the middle of their lineup. Jackson provides that. The fans love him and the players tolerate him. He had 360+ HR's in the BBA and over 1000 RBI's and is a proven run producer.

4. Luis Oliva - 9/6/9 LH Reliever. This is a more subtle move. Tripoli has no real left-hander out of the bullpen, so I brought in this 35 year old relatively cheaply. He's served his time in the BBA as a very average Starting PItcher. I'm just hoping for solid innings out of him from the bullpen at this in his career.

I looked at the pre-season predictions and they suggested that Tripoli would win 85 games (a major improvement over the 68 games won last season BTW), but I think the Piranhas should be pushing the 90 win mark and hopefully can carry that into a playoff spot. That's the goal. Tripoli will need to maintain their health and keep hitting for that to occur. We shall see.

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”