2048.1 Deep-Fried Piranha Bites - Riddler is Coming to Town

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2048.1 Deep-Fried Piranha Bites - Riddler is Coming to Town

Post by Bumstead » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:58 am

Picture this: Libya, Tripoli (or vice versa); haze (smoke, smog) hanging in the air; Podium setup outside the Piranhas baseball "stadium;" 2 reporters whispering to each other; 3 "fans" standing around a burning trash can passing around a bottle in a paper sack.

The Owner of the Tripoli Pirahnas approached the podium (nobody knows his name)

Owner: It's great to see such a wonderful turnout for this press conference. Oops, let me put my mask on...
Someone around the Trashcan: Who are you?
Owner: Hilarious, y'all have a great sense of humor!
Owner: I just wanted to let y'all know that Tony Kates will be taking a leave of absence to attend to some personal issues. <unfortunate clapping> OK, OK, that's not the time to clap! In the interim, Dug Riddler will take over as the General Manager just until Mr. Kates is able to return.
Reporter #1: Are you kidding me? I'm sorry I clapped when I heard that Tony whoever would be gone for awhile. Riddler as GM is like trying to put out a fire by throwing gas on it!
Owner: That's neither here nor there. And here's Dug now. Please help me welcome him to the podium! <loud boing from all 5 people in attendance>
Dug: Thank you everyone. I didn't expect such a warm welcome.
Dug: <pulls 3 sets of season out of his pocket> Hey George, please take these season tickets to those 3 fine gentleman gathered around that burning trashcan. I just want you all to know that we are going to build something all of our fans can appreciate.
Reporter #2: You mean all 3 of them?
Dug: You all have such a wonderful sense of humor!
<George walks over to hand the gentleman the free season tickets. All 3 run away like Carl Lewis headed for the finish line of the 100M in the Olympics. "Don't be trying to pawn those off on us!">

Dug: <to himself> How do I get mixed up with these situations over and over and over....
Dug: <to the "crowd"> Again, thank you for coming and I look forward to seeing all of you at the park this spring.

With that Dug ran off the stage, coughing and sputtering. What a grand day indeed.

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”