From the GM - 2047 #3 - Not My Best Foot Forward

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

Treydmarq
Ex-GM

From the GM - 2047 #3 - Not My Best Foot Forward

Post by Treydmarq » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:36 pm

I let you guys down. The fans. The players. Ownership. Myself.

I took a wild card team and turned it into one of the worst in the league. We finished behind an expansion team, for God's sake.

And, to top it all off, my big offseason swing, trading Michael Best for Liam Dalton, had the most disastrous result. Best had the second best batting average, total hits, total doubles and OPS and 3rd best batter's WAR in the entirety of the UMEBA. Dalton, on the other hand, had a wonderful 10 starts to the year before he was lost for the rest of the season. Add to that major regression from last year's staff ace and the team was destined for a bad year.

There were a few bright spots from the season, though. Toby Bundy and George Halton formed one of the better back ends of a bullpen in the entire league, giving us two phenomenal options to close games. Jayden Nicholls came back from injury to take his place as one of our three good to great young SP, who can hopefully build off of this season and combine with Mahad Einan and Dalton to form a very difficult to beat 1-3 next season.

On the offensive side, Takechi Eida continued his career of being one of the best bats in the entire league and definitely one of the best on the base paths. Paul Wapshott and Antonio Roman formed 2/3's of our OF, especially over the 2nd half of the season, and have positioned themselves as the full time starters and two great young bats of the future of the organization.Min-tae Kim switched positions for the organization, because we needed his bat in the lineup and speed on the base paths and worked out very handsomely for the group. Bob Williams and Stefan Adilov turned the SS position into a 2 man competition in the 2nd half of the season, after stalwart O-min Paek was sent down to AAA because his stellar SS defense could not offset his wet noodle bat.

We are going to head into the offseason looking to shed some salary, turning down some arbitration negotiations with underperforming veterans and possibly some average veterans, allowing them to become free agents and compete for their next contract with everyone else.

I will not be giving up on this team, so I ask you, loyal fans, to not give up on me.
Anthony Kates
GM of the Tripoli Piranhas

"Winning isn't everything. But wanting to is." - Vince Lombardi
"Pain Heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: From the GM - 2047 #3 - Not My Best Foot Forward

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:52 am

'Twas indeed a bad year for Tripoli.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: From the GM - 2047 #3 - Not My Best Foot Forward

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:46 pm

Bad year? Yes I know all about them lol, I “improved” the team and went from 70 wins to 54 :D
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”