Piranha Bites: 45.07 Dunn Lands 'Dunn' in (non)Blockbuster Trade

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Piranha Bites: 45.07 Dunn Lands 'Dunn' in (non)Blockbuster Trade

Post by tylertoo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:00 am

Tripoli, November 6, 2045 - It's a Dunn deal!

Piranhas embattled GM Mike Dunn signaled that he's ready to be busy this off-season by trading a prospect to the UMEBA champion Mumbai Metro Stars for utility infielder Dan Jackson, who has the bizarre nickname of "Mr. Dunn."

Dunn (the GM) discounted rumors that he made the deal simply because of Jackson's nickname. "We have decided to move on from Sixto (Palma, the team's utility guy this past season," said Dunn. "Dunn, er, I mean, Danny will fit right in to that slot, and we're thrilled to have him."

The Metro Stars in return will receive 19-year old CF prospect Rafael Edlich, who was the team's 9th round pick in the 2045 UMEBA amateur draft. "Rafael has a good chance of becoming a solid player, and we hate to part with him. But you need to give up talent to get talent, and centerfield is a position of depth for us," said Dunn (the GM).
ImageImage
"Dunn" and Eldich

Dunn was then asked if the Piranhas, who finished 30 games below .500 in 2045, would be buyers or sellers this off-season. "I do not see it in such simplistic terms," he replied. "But fans should know this: I consider 2045 an anomaly. We are better than that, and while we may not be able to topple the Impalers in the Bancroft, I believe we can compete for the wildcard this coming year. And as Mumbai proved, even a wildcard is enough to win a championship. We absolutely do not view 2046 as a rebuilding year."

Sources close to the team disagree. "He's full of shit," said one source. "He has to say that to prop up season ticket sales. Don't expect bold moves in the coming months."

The other Dunn, the one whose real name is Dan Jackson, was curt (though not Curt) when reporters asked him about going from the UMEBA champs to the cellar dwellers of the Bancroft division. "I will do my best to contribute," he offered in a monotone voice. When asked about his strange nickname, Jackson offered only: "If I knew it would have prompted a trade to a last-place team, I would have changed it." With that, he stormed out of the room.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

RichY
Ex-GM

Re: Piranha Bites: 45.07 Dunn Lands 'Dunn' in (non)Blockbuster Trade

Post by RichY » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:36 pm

Go both Dunn's!
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic