Piranha Bites: 45.03 A Tale of Two Age Groups

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Piranha Bites: 45.03 A Tale of Two Age Groups

Post by tylertoo » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:58 pm

Don't rely on bland press releases for your Piranha news --
Bookmark this page for the real truth behind your favorite ballclub!
We have sources inside the clubhouse and in the front office!
No stone will go unturned in our effort to get you the most accurate Piranha news --
And some sharp opinions to stir things up!

April 27, 2045 - Manny Gallegos, manager of the AAA Ndali Barons, admits he pranked SP prospect Jayden Nicholls when breaking the news. "I told him he's being sent down to double-A," the veteran coach said, "just to see his shock. Thought he was gonna cry!"

The actual news that Gallegos delivered was the opposite: the 19-year old Nicholls was getting called up to the bigs, specifically the struggling (10-14) Tripoli Piranhas. He is slated to start on May 2, just one day after his 20th birthday, and less than a year after being drafted by the then-Libyan Generals in the 2044 UMEBA amateur draft. In five starts for the Barons, Nicholls had a 2.15 ERA over nearly 30 innings, and a respectable 6.8 K/9. "I'm still kinda in shock," said Nicholls, a native of Wellington, New Zealand. "I was thrilled to just be in AAA, so this is surreal."

The current starting five are a tale of two age groups. The veterans, including the team's two free agent signings Pepe Jaramillo and Grellan Profit, have struggled. Faring far better are the two 18-year olds, Mahad "Furball" Einan and Cedric Bolitho, also drafted last year (Rounds 1 and 4, respectively):

So Piranhas GM Mike Dunn decided to promote Nicholls to shore up a starting rotation that has been a disappointment. If Nicholls also fares well, the Piranhas could have three-fifths of a rotation with an average age of 19. "We will watch the pitch counts (of the three youngsters), certainly. But I can watch Nicholls' pitch count easier here than if he is down in triple-A," said Dunn.

It is not clear which of the three veteran starters would be relegated to the bullpen if Nicholls sticks. For now, his May 2 start will come in the midst of 12 straight games for the team, so essentially he'll be a sixth starter.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Piranha Bites: 45.03 A Tale of Two Age Groups

Post by jleddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:56 pm

When's the Juice going to start giving up juicy info from within the clubhouse!?!?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”