Generally Speaking (44.2) Best Boasts Bare Butt Balm

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Generally Speaking (44.2) Best Boasts Bare Butt Balm

Post by tylertoo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:09 pm

Tripoli, June 16, 2044
-When we stopped by for a chat with Generals third baseman Michael Best, we found he was, quite literally, resting on his laurels.

"My hemorrhoids flared up again this past week and since the Generals seem unable to sign a team doctor, I went to a downtown Tripoli open air market looking for some sort of homeopathic remedy. Trust me, trying to convey this particular problem when I don't speak Arabic wasn't easy, and one vendor wanted to have me arrested. But eventually I found an herbalist who suggested I spend hours sitting butt naked on branches from native laurel bushes."

The issue didn't seem to hurt Best where he is at his best: at the plate. He was just named the Player of the Week in the Bancroft League, after hitting .400, with four dingers and 6 RBIs in 30 at bats. Still, we asked, does the odd treatment help down below?

"Absolutely. At first it was a pain in the ass, no pun intended, but in a short time I found it actually does work. I highly recommend it to anyone. Far easier than the usual method."

With that problem, ahem, behind him, Michael Best spent the next hour reflecting on the baseball journey that took this once highly touted prospect to the shores of north Africa.

Not phased by criticism
or hemorrhoids
Drafted in the first round of the 2034 MBBA draft (21st overall) by the Charm City Jimmies, the Reading, Pa., native quickly found himself a trade chip not once but twice. The Jimmies in '35 dealt him to the then-Hunstville Phantoms (now back in Chicago) along with four other prospects for two ML pitchers. His stay in that organization was short: the Phantoms four months later bundled Best with three other prospects to the Long Beach Surfers for a starter and a third baseman. "I learned not to sign any long-term leases," Best recalled of those early days.

It was in Long Beach that Best finally found some stability, spending seven seasons with the club, a run that included three playoff appearances. Best was hailed as the best when he was named MVP of the 2037 MBBA All-Star Game. "I loved my time in Long Beach. Fans are great, great ownership. But, in sports, it rarely lasts forever."

Best's Long Beach tenure ended in 2042 when the club, suffering through a rebuild year that eventually led to more than 100 losses, traded the soon-to-be free agent to the contending Nashville Bluebirds. The 'birds playoffs hopes fell short, Best walked as a free agent, and his time in the Brewster had come to a close.

"Part of me was ready to hang up my cleats, to be honest," Best admits now, shifting the branches under his bare buttocks. "I had a wife and young kids. But I knew he had more baseball left in me."

So Best headed east, to the rich oil nations that field teams in the Unified Middle East Baseball Association. Even this phase of Best's career has led to team-hopping. He originally signed a 3-year, $21 million deal with the C.S.K.A Army, but when that team folded, it was off to Bahrain after the Manama Pearls picked up his deal. And finally -- his current resting stop, when the Pearls shipped him to Tripoli for some prospects prior to the arrival of the new Generals GM, Mike Dunn.

Sources close to Dunn indicate he wishes the prior management hadn't done that. "Best sells tickets, but the price was too steep. We are rebuilding team, and can't afford to ship away our best youngsters."

Best -- now newly divorced -- is not phased by the criticism. "As long as the checks don't bounce, I am happy to contribute." He shifted his branch-covered naked derriere and leaned forward to make a final point. "I'm a millionaire being paid to play a kids game on the shores of Mediterranean. On days off, I lay on the beach and study the latest in bikini fashion. Who am I to complain? This is truly the best life."

Hemorrhoids or not, it is hard to argue.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: Generally Speaking (44.2) Best Boasts Bare Butt Balm

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Far easier than the usual method."
Shady click of the day.

Great write-up.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Fantastic article

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Excellent article. My trade for Best was one of my best. And then I waited too long to trade him away, but he was great to have in Long Beach. Glad to see he's having success in UMEBA, even if he is bouncing around.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”