GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

HerbD
Ex-GM

Generals' Orders(43:9): Progress in July

Post by HerbD » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Competitive at last

ImageImage

As the month of July began the losses were continuing to pile up for the Libyan Generals. They lost 12 of their first 17 games and bickering in the clubhouse was at an all time high. Management was hesitant to move players up and down from AAA due to the amount of moves that were made the first three months. "We thought all the movement of players in and out of the clubhouse was a big part of the problem," GM Herb DeSpain explained. "But we had to make some moves as we just didn't have the right guys in the right spots." The final nine games of the month was much better for Libyan as they won seven of nine heading into August and had moved out of the UMEBA basement. "We could just lay down and let everyone run over us." said All Star Carlos Alonso "But we want to win as many games as we can. It's about pride at this point." Alonso's play this month earned him the Generals Hitter of the Month for July, the second time he has won the award this year. 24 year old Yvon Giovanelli didn't make his first start until July 22 but it's no coincidence that he showed up the same time that Libyan started to win. Giovanelli had two solid starts in July earning himself the Pitcher of the Month for July. "I struggled a little bit in AAA," the righty said "but I got some instruction from the coaches down there and turned it around. Then I got the call to go up."

Libyan Generals Hitter of the Month(JULY2043)
.320/.402/.602, 8 2B, 3 3B, 5 HR, 21 RBI, 17 RS, 14 BB

Libyan Generals Pitcher of the Month(JULY2043)
2-0, 2.77 ERA, 2 GW, 13.0 IP, 4 ER, 14 HA, 1 HRA, 5 K
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

ca13
Ex-GM

Re: Generals' Orders(43:9): Progress in July

Post by ca13 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Ah the glimmer of hope. I wish the Generals the best, except for August 16-18. For those days, I wish food poisoning on your clubhouse.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”