Post by cheekimonk » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:00 am

Bomb Brisas
8 Sep 2055
Buenos Aires, Argentina
by Fish McWilliams

SP Bani Marita Signs With Buenos Aires

28yo SP Bani Marita
2055: 34 G, 26 GS, 11-8, 161.0 IP, 3.69 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, +3.8 WAR

Buenos Aires GM Ben Teague inked the team's third free agent starting pitcher of the offseason in a week's span. Marita wrapped up a stint in Tokyo this past season and has 6 years' experience in the GBC having pitched for Cairo as recently as 2053. This is another hard-throwing (101 mph) righty who looks to have settled into his groove as far as facing lineups more than twice as a starter. The deal is said to be 2-years and a total of $3.3m. The second year is a team option with a buyout of $1.5m.

In 2055, he allowed only 0.8 HR/9 and 1.6 BB/9 so hitters are likely to put the ball in play, but his control let's him coax grounders more often than not. "I'm excited about the coming season," said Marita. "This spotlight, being in the top 3-4 pitchers in the staff as [GM Ben Teague] indicated would be my role, is important to me. I'm in the early years of my prime and I want to prove that. But that's only secondary to what I hope we can do to the Brisas' W-L percentage. We'll get that back up to Buenos Aires standards."
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2834-3334, .459 PCT (6,168 games, 47 seasons)
12 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship, 2 GM of the Year

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”