2048.6 Deep Fried Piranha Bites - 1st Draft

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2048.6 Deep Fried Piranha Bites - 1st Draft

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:36 pm

I have to admit that my excitement level was through the roof when I noted that Tripoli picked 2nd only for the fact that there were only 2 players worth drafting from the beginning!

So, Tripoli, with the #2 pick took:

lelemia Faletose - yeah...no idea on that name...No capital letter on the first name...All I need him to do is be a Hall of Fame starting pitcher, right? So, good 'ole Faletose was listed as a closer originally I believe but he has 3 plus pitches (Curveball, Change up, and Cutter) with his Change up being his best pitch currently at a 9, although his other 2 pitches are at a 7 right now. I think, ignoring injuries of course, that his future in UMEBA (and maybe a toe dip into the BBA at some point along the way) is pretty bright. I know in Stats Plus his GroundBall % was around 59%. If he reaches his potential, he has that 7 Movement which I kinda see as a minimum to being usable at the next level.

Our 2nd Pick was alright:

Pete Eisenberg - Right Fielder with no ability to tell a ball from a strike and he doesn't have the contact ability to offset that. We'll see. He can play 1B/3B/RF/LF, so there's some value in that; oh, and he bats Left-Handed...not that that matters...or does it? it is interesting that he has the infield ratings to be able to play 3B, yet throws Left-Handed...that'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Here's something to think about: Petey has a potential for a "7" contact. Is that "7" contact good enough to be the floor for what is usable at the BBA level or is the talent too much and almost an "8" is required to become usable? A topic for another time.

2 articles, 1 day....

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”