Saint Sofia Tribune Is. 5

Contracted after 2043 season
gcsii99
Ex-GM

Saint Sofia Tribune Is. 5

Post by gcsii99 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Sofia (June 2, 2043)- On May 26th the Red Army was at .500 and within 3 games of the leauge leading Beirut. They were fresh off a 10-1 shellacking of the cellar dwelling Athens club. Spirits were high with talk of stringing together a few wins and closing the gap with the Ceders. Six days, six games, and 5 losses later the club is very much looking like an expansion team, settling into 5th place. They can take solace in the fact that its not 6th place, and they remain only 1.5 games off the pace in the wildcard race, but are in the midst of a 4-game slide.

Through the first 2 months, the club has been led by its pace setting hitting, but in being swept by Istanbul, the squad only scored 1 run before the 6th inning when there was any doubt of the outcome. While too early to question the heart of the club, certainly doubts may be forming as we begin to learn just what the team is made of.

Manager Tomas Toledo seemed unconcerned saying "Everyone is still getting to know each other. I barely know everyone's name. Heck, the locker room hampers don't even smell like schweddy balls yet! Everybody needs to calm down and relax. We've got a lot of games left and I know the boys will come around."

gcsii99
Ex-GM

Re: Saint Sofia Tribune Is. 5

Post by gcsii99 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:12 pm

so i write this then google "shwetty balls" and rediscover this gem...
SNL - Schweddy Balls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “C.S.K.A. Army”