Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Dredge Report | 43.05 | Ring Around the Rosie

Post by Dington » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:21 pm

Ring Around the Rosie

June 16, 2043
by Anonymous
Location Unknown

Stop me if you have heard this one before. Kuwait City’s once promising season continues to be soiled by the back end of the bullpen. After RHP Jeff Whitney lost his role as closer, he was designated for assignment and sent to AAA to figure things out. Enter Axel Goulding. Regaining his role as closer, Goulding was excited to prove his worthiness. He may have been a little too eager to prove himself, as he seemed to have lost his command. Although he just became the new closer two weeks ago, he has blown four saves and gathered three losses in that time span, with his ERA doubling. After signing LHP Ernie Kinney as a potential closer contender, GM Chad Nason seemed to think his bullpen would be stronger. Unfortunately, Kinney hasn’t fared much better, giving up 7 ER in his 5 appearances.

“I just don’t know anymore. I really hoped to have better results up to this point, but it’s time to stop messing around. With the depth of starting pitching in Casablanca, it’s time to hand Warthog the ball in 9th inning. He’s got the stuff to blow away batter and close things out. He wasn’t exactly what we expected when we tried to stretch him out into a starter, but he should fit right at home in the closer’s role,” said Nason.

Cesar 'Warthog' Sanchez

To replace Sánchez in the rotation, Russian RHP Michail Nagibin gets the nod from AAA Casablanca. He has been a solid contributor for the Islanders and hopes to make an impact in Kuwait City. The BBA journeyman is, um, excited for a chance…?

“I’m glad for opportunity. I deserve big league paycheck. I strike guy out. I win game,” said Nagibin.

Nagibin

To better prevent pitching woes in the future, Nason loaded the farm with starters in the 2043 amateur draft. With a flurry of picks, Kuwait City selected pitchers Orlando Muñóz, Tetsuhiko Yamamoto, and Jesús Vázquez. Completing a previous deal that sent SP Joe Caffyn to C.S.K.A., the Alhafr received starters Vince Das and Manny Macias, who were second and third round picks, respectively.

While this season has not gone as well as expected, Kuwait City are still very well in the playoff hunt and their future looks bright. A tough week awaits the Alhafr with home games against Athens Fighting Centaurs and Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Kuwait City Alhafr”