Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Dredge Report | 43.01 | Making Waves

Post by Dington » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:14 pm

Making Waves

December 16, 2042
by Anonymous
Location Unknown

It was evident GMChad Nason wasn’t thrilled with how the 2042 season played out. It seems as if he will not allow that type of losing season under his tenure, so many roster changes were expected. However, Nason didn’t just make a few splashes in free agency, he created some absolute tsunamis.

With the increased UMEBA salary cap, Nason cleared as much salary as possible to be able to obtain a contending team. Casualties of his plan included CF Terence Whooly, 2B Félix Membiela, and fan favorite, OF Henry Rectenberg, who were all claimed off waivers by expansion team Libyan Generals. The moves should create fireworks when the two teams meet up in BURT league play.

“I know the other side of the diamond is business, but you never think it’s you that’s gonna get the call,” Rectenberg said. “It was special being part of a new franchise like Kuwait City and I was able to develop a lot of relationships along the way. I look forward to extending that in Libya and meeting my new teammates. It makes it a little easier bringing along Memby and Whooly Mammoth with me, but I still left a little piece of my heart in Kuwait. I’ll always cherish my time there and I appreciate Mr. Domingo for giving me a chance to revive my career.”
Whooly, who manned centerfield for most of the season, was not as happy.

Rectenberg

“I’ve was loyal to Alhafr. I humbled myself and took a chance to play in KC. I gave them everything I had and even broke my leg for them. We’re gonna go to Libya and [expletive] [expletive] up. Libya has a far better selection of cheeses, too, by the way” screamed Whooly.

Whooly will be replaced with another strikeout machine, Weaver Ripley, however, Ripley will provide superior at bats and ability in the outfield. To Nason’s genius, he was able to secure Ripley for just about a million dollars extra after waiving Wooley.

Membiela was expendable after signing 2B Raúl Alilea. Again, obtaining an all star caliber player for just a few dollars more. But the big question still remained. What will Nason do with the freed up salary of team leader, Henry Rectenberg? Virgil Shafer. That’s what.

Nason landed one of the biggest blockbuster signing in UMEBA history, signing the former BBA star to a 3 year deal worth $7,000,000 per year. Shafer spent last season with the Omaha Cyclones before opting out of the remaining 2 years on his deal. Prior to smacking 36 homeruns in 2042, he was a member of the New Orleans Crawdads, where he smacked at least 30 homers in his six seasons in the swamp. The New Hampshire native followed the money and said “I could see myself playing in the BBA again, if their stingy owners decide to pony up and pay me.”

Shafer

Nason knew addressing pitching was the team’s biggest need, however, so he didn’t stop spending after solidifying the offense. Nason opened up the pocket book and signed SP Leonardo Gómez to slide into the rotation behind newly signed ace, Heinrich Peithner. Gómez was signed for the next three years for a total of $8,100,000. Jaime Torres also signed a three year deal to bolster the bullpen.

Torres
Gomez

It looks as if 2043 will certainly be brighter than the previous season and Nason better hope it does. He has raised season ticket prices to help pay for the new stars, so hopefully fans see the value in these signings and are excited to see them on the field.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Kuwait City Alhafr”