Athens Times #4

GM: Matthew Cleveland

Moderator: mcleveland8489

jtannehill
Ex-GM

Athens Times #4

Post by jtannehill » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 pm

After a decent 3-2 first sim, the Athens team came down to earth and then some with a 1-6 next sim to sit at 4-8 two weeks into the start of the season. I wanted to get a feel for how the team was performing before I made some changes to the lineup and pitching and I think I have made some tweaks that I hope will become fruitful.

Positives Outfield play has been on point especially with the bats. BBA Edmonton castoff Jerry Bell has been the Fightin's best player so far batting .357 and was instrumental in the Centaurs only win last sim in a 10-7 victory over Mumbai. Bell had 3 hits scored two runs and added a walk. Signed to a minor league free agent deal in the offseason, Bell came in to a wide open race for the CF job and is proving to be a savvy pickup for the GM.
Another great pickup has been Marco Acheson Acheson was picked up by Athens in the rule 5 draft this year and almost came to Athens two seasons ago in a trade with Beruit but another trade was made instead. Tannehill was happy to see Acheson out there as he knew current 1B Yancy Cravat time was coming to an end which could be this season if he doesn't improve on that k total. Overall Tannehill is pleased with the direction of the team. You will see Tokimasa Yano in the starting lineup almost every day and there will be changes to the starting rotation as an anticipated debut by a young flamethrower will be soon. Tannehill believes he will beat the win predictions layed out by the experts and will be keeping a close eye on things to make sure the Athens team is in contention throughout the year.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Athens Times #4

Post by Dington » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Crazy how Acheson went from top prospect to rule 5 pick...UMEBA got crazy good
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

allenciox
Ex-GM

Re: Athens Times #4

Post by allenciox » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:03 pm

honestly, though, Acheson is perhaps the best rule 5 pick "I" have seen in UMEBA. He is a fantastic prospect regardless.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Athens Fighting Centaurs”