Wiping the Slate Clean

GM: Matthew Cleveland

Moderator: mcleveland8489

jtannehill
Ex-GM

Wiping the Slate Clean

Post by jtannehill » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Jan 1, 2045

Athens We sit down with GM Tannehill as he talks 2045 and what's ahead for the Athens Fighting Centaurs this season:

Big Signing
We touched on it already in a post but the clear big FA pitcher was Mateus RabiscaMateus Rabisca The Venezuelan born Rabisca has
had a great start to his career playing with the Bucharest squad coming off a championship season. He was looking to get paid and he sure did with Athens throwing more money at him than can fit in the Acropolis. The deal was only for two seasons and Rabisca will anchor a young pitching staff led by Douglas HamlynDouglas Hamlyn who draws comparisons to a young Greg Maddux for his pinpoint control. Hamlyn started 18 games for the Fighting Centaurs going 6-4 with a touch over 4.00 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP. Hamlyn is excited about learning under Rabisca and the prospects of a nice #1-2 punch at the top of the rotation. After a subpar year last season Tannehill knew he needed to make something happen in Athens in order to get the fan base excited and I think its working so far as the Athens Daily Review gave the FA signing a Zeus rating which sounds pretty good and anytime I can fit Zeus into an Athens post its probably a good thing for the team.

New Season/New Staff
We wanted to start this season fresh, get out all the old staff from prior ownership and start with a nice clean slate. I mean I like Athens but I think our logo could use some work, stadium could use some tweaking which I have inquired about but not sure I want to part with cash to do it..I might need to hire a marketing director, after seeing some of these other owners trying to tweak their mascots I'm afraid to try it now lol..just messing with ya Mike over there in Tripoli..We got a whole new staff now we need some other small tweaks and I'll feel pretty good about where we are headed.

Infield Signing
Luis AlvarezLuis Alvarez gave me a call the other day after the Rabisca signing and said he heard we had truckloads of money that we were throwing at Central American players. I asked him if he could field groundballs and throw them to the correct base and he said he could so I said "Name your price". That's not quite how it went but pretty much. Anyway Alvarez will play 2B and has some experience in the three letter league and Commish Recte had him for a while so I think that's a good sign at least. I think he will be better than what we had out there at least Tannehill went on to say.

Trajectory is pointing up I would venture to guess and the division will have a different feel this year I believe with playing interleague and some turnover this season. I like where the league is going some good owners and fresh perspectives. It's good to have positive and active owners trying to compete for the same end goal and do it with class. It makes it that much more fun. Tannehill will try and make some minor adjustments and maybe a trade or two will present itself but one thing for sure is that the Athens ballclub is much more in the mix this season to compete for a title.

RichY
Ex-GM

Re: Wiping the Slate Clean

Post by RichY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Yeah it should be a fun year. It does seem like a good group of guys in the UMEBA. Looking forward to it.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Post by tylertoo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 pm

I love your logo. Very classy. I wouldn't touch it.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

allenciox
Ex-GM

Post by allenciox » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Yeah, I am definitely going to miss Rabisca this year. Maybe he will go easy on us when we play against him ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Athens Fighting Centaurs”