Draft Day 1 2042.

GM: Matthew Cleveland

Moderator: mcleveland8489

Clayman
Ex-GM

Draft Day 1 2042.

Post by Clayman » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:07 pm

5th May 2042 Piraeus Park, Athens. Draft Day 1.

In attendance
GM Neil Thomas
Chief Scout - Haruto Teshima
Oceania Scout - Itsuki Yanagi
New Zealand Scout - Oliver Ryan
Australia Scout - Mason King

Okay Haruto you start us of.

I'm going Chien the kids 16 he's already throwing 93mph, I mean bulk him up a bit and you could be talking 100mph. I watched his last ten game's for Honiara he pitched over 11 innings and gave up 1 hit and struck out 18, what more do you want? Haruto Teshima.

"For him to pitch more than 1 inning?" Itsuki Yanagi.

"Your joking? He pitched 2 innings against Tonga, didn't give an hit up and blew 4 of the Tonga players away." Haruto Teshima.

Ok guys times of the essence, Itsuki your up.

I'm going with the guy from the Wellington ball club, good glove, second base plus he can swing the bat. Bernie Young is my choice. Itsuki Yanagi.

Ok guys let's hear what Olly as to say.

"Sorry Itsuki I'm going Chien as well, I tell you I scouted 50 guys. About 20 did nothing for me, my wife would have a better scouting report, I'd say 25 above average, 4 I'd sign. However 1 guy I'd pay to watch play, I'd sign him and adopt him Chien made the hairs on my butt stand up let alone the ones on my neck." Oliver Ryan.

Hey Olly, I'd scout your wife better than 49 of those guys if those muffins she sent us are anything to go by.

Mason any input?

"I'm going to throw a curve ball, the guy from Melbourne, Zhong-yi Law. Maybe not the greatest glove in the draft but oouzes power, home run every 10 at bats and an obp over .400, imagine what he could do in our ballpark." Mason King.

I have to go with Haruto and Olly, Chien offers us a sure fire All Star, Yoofi isn't getting younger. The two things what sway it for me is his character, he's going to become the Centaurs first ever pick, he works his butt of and came in top spot in the UMEBA Pitchers intelligence test. Chiens our first ever pick.

Maya can you put me through to Quon Chiens home please.

Hi could I speak to Quon Chien please.

"This is Quon speaking."

Hi Quon, my name's Neil Thomas GM of the Athens Fighting Centaurs, hope I pronounced your name correctly.

"You did sir."

Well the thing is Quon the Centaurs would like you to be the first ever draft pick in Athens history.

(The Chien household erupts in cheers)

Well Quon I think that's a yes from your family and friends, what's your decision?

My dad's a big fan of the Centaurs, however I'd need to talk to him about college, Athens and such, if that's ok?"

Tell you what Quon, we'll draft you. You talk it over with your family and agent, we'll get you over to Athens with your family then you have a look at what we have to offer. If you don't like it, then no hard feelings. Worst case you have a free holiday in Athens, best case you'll sign with us and there'll be no hard feelings, yes?

"Sounds like a plan Sir".

Okay keep watching the TV.

Mr Papadakis you can tell the UMEBA Ambassador that we have our first pick.

"Mr Ambassador, Athens pick Quon Chien Pitcher."

With the 2nd pick of the 2042 UMEBA Draft the Athens Fighting Centaurs with their 1st pick in franchise history pick Quon Chien, Pitcher.
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2051 75-87
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2049 72-81
Valencia Stars 2045-2047 185-301
Beirut Cedars 2044 90-72
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2042-2043 112-118
Cairo Chariot Archers BC 2041 8-5

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Re: Draft Day 1 2042.

Post by johnd2442 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:17 pm

A peek into Athens's war room!

"Well the thing is Quon" - I don't know why...I loved the pensive delivery of this.

"(The Chien household erupts in cheers)" - but I liked this more - I guffawed a bit. The young guy's dad is an Athens fan! This guy is likely going to be the best player in the draft. And his stamina could increase so he's not just a 1? Would you have picked him #1 overall?
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

Clayman
Ex-GM

Re: Draft Day 1 2042.

Post by Clayman » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:30 pm

johnd2442 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:17 pm
A peek into Athens's war room!

"Well the thing is Quon" - I don't know why...I loved the pensive delivery of this.

"(The Chien household erupts in cheers)" - but I liked this more - I guffawed a bit. The young guy's dad is an Athens fan! This guy is likely going to be the best player in the draft. And his stamina could increase so he's not just a 1? Would you have picked him #1 overall?
He was indeed first on my list, if he'd gone it was down to Young and Law and those two kept changing their draft spot every 5 minutes. Now all I need to do is sign Chien.
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2051 75-87
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2049 72-81
Valencia Stars 2045-2047 185-301
Beirut Cedars 2044 90-72
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2042-2043 112-118
Cairo Chariot Archers BC 2041 8-5

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Athens Fighting Centaurs”