Morning Wood - 59.20 - Putachli Dominates in First Career Win

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Morning Wood - 59.20 - Putachli Dominates in First Career Win

Post by 7teen » Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 pm

In the finale, Gaajlimitz and Morely combined for 5 of the 7 hits for the Lumberjacks who won the game 3-0. More on that game to come....
And here is that more....

After a decent start in his professional debut, Murali Patachli took to the mound for his second start and his first at home. It came in the rubber match of the Lumberjacks series with the Tropics and Patchli brought his A-Game.

"I know I said I felt good in the game against Long Beach but things didn't go great. We lost the game and I made a few mistakes. I limited those today and felt like I was on the top of things today."

"He dominated from the start" added manager Mons Raider. "If he keeps turning out performances like that, this team is going places."

"I told him we need a month of games like this and we'll stock the gift shop with Patachli jerseys and player t-shirts" chimed in Sandy Mounds.

It didn't look good early as the third pitch Patachli offered to Angelo Lucchesi was lined for a single. Lucchesi was erased on the next batter who lined into a double play. An error allowed one more guy to reach before Patachli surrendered another single to Lucchesi in the top of the 3rd. Patachli then proceeded to retire the next 13 batters he faced.

"It was clinical" added Raider. "There were innings I barely looked up and it was over."

In the 4th inning, Patachli retired the side on 5 pitches. In the 5th, he took 13 pitches. In the 6th, he needed only 7 pitches. When it was all said and done, Patachli pitched 7 shutout innings, allowing just 2 hits while striking out 5. He needed just 84 pitches.

Portland won the game by the final score of 3-0. It marked Patachli's first ever career victory. "The first of many" added Mounds.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50