Morning Wood - 58.12 - Susila to Start Opening Day

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Morning Wood - 58.12 - Susila to Start Opening Day

Post by 7teen » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:37 am

Porltand manager Mons Raider held a press conference today on the eve of opening day and announced that the opening day starter for the Lumberjacks would be Susila Kartosuwiryo. Susila, spent the last 5 seasons with Des Moines, signed a 1 year deal this past winter to pitch for Portland.

Susila will be making his Portland debut Monday night on opening night against division rivals Vancouver. General Manager Chris Wilson didn't do much to ease in nervousness Susila might have entering the new season with his new club.

"I'm not sure how much Susila knows, but I hate those bastards from Vancouver" Wilson barked. "He better have his mind right. We finally get their asses here in Portland to kick off the season after having to go up to that wretched "Outhouse" the last few seasons. He better win or it could be the shortest stint with a team a guy has ever had."

Many expected the opening day nod would go to recent free agent signing Eng-hee Kin who signed a 3 year, $8 million a season deal last week. However with the way the spring rotation worked out late, Kin needs one more day of rest before pitching in the regular season. He is expected to pitch the second game of the series versus the Mounties on Tuesday.

"I'll tell him the same thing I told Susila" Wilson exclaimed. "Win or else!"
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-