Hold My Log - 55.07 - What To Watch For This Spring; Part 1

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 55.07 - What To Watch For This Spring; Part 1

Post by 7teen » Mon May 29, 2023 9:09 am

After a losing campaign in 2054, the Portland Lumberjacks enter the 2055 season with a variety of questions marks. A 72-90 season means this club is likely closer to a rebuild rather than fighting for that elusive Landis Title. Nonetheless, it appears the team has a plan in place, and it's one that mirrors the old "Master PlanTM" of yesteryear with defensive becoming a top priority.

"We want to get better with the glove" said GM Chris Wilson. "Our pitching and runs allowed was terrible last season. I've fallen back into my old ways and fell in love with runs and ignored the defensive side of things. We're trying to get back to better defensively, especially up the middle."

If the team's moves this off-season are any indication, the team should improve defensively for sure.

Johan Jorgennson, despite having no big league experience at the age of 29, appears to be a huge upgrade behind the plate over former platoon guys of So Huynh and Tynan Potter. Jose Sanchez, who will transition from shortstop to 2B this season, is a huge upgrade defensively over Zen Kazantziakas who got most of the play last year at 2B. And then Jorge Rincon is leading the charge to be the starting CF in 2055 and he's an upgrade from (has to check notes because I can't even remember who was in CF last season) whoever we had in CF last year.

"Now I don't know how many runs we will score this season" added Wilson, "but defensively, we will be much improved up the middle. Jorgennson, Sanchez, and Rincon are upgrades in those regards. They'll have to help our pitching staff this season. If our pitching staff can look anything like it has in the past, then we can have a shot to get back into contention. And we think for our pitching staff to return to form we had to fix out defense. And that's what we're doing this off-season."

Next up: Who will be the Number 4 and 5 Starters?
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50