Hold My Log - 54.10 - Bullpen Perfect in First Week

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 54.10 - Bullpen Perfect in First Week

Post by 7teen » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:45 pm

There was some concern heading into the season over the Lumberjacks make shift bullpen. The team brought in two low key free agents, one of whom looked terrible in the spring, and the two of the bullpen spots were filled with guys who were signed to minor league deals. While there will remain concerns over the course of the entire season, the bullpen did all they could in week 1 to end any concerns the front office may have had by pitching a perfect week. That means the bullpen did not allow an earned run over the first 7 games of the season.

"I guess you can't ask anything more out of them" said AGM Kate Fiscus. "Our bullpen was air tight that sim."

Rookie long term reliever Umayr Suhayl was the most impressive reliever that sim. Suhayl appeared in 3 games, tossing 6.1 innings of relief while allowing just a pair of hits, a walk, and he recorded 7 strikeouts in that span.

"I'm just happy being on the roster" said Suhayl after he tossed 3.1 innings against Vancouver on opening day in a 7-6 loss to the Mounties. "I didn't expect to see action right out of the gate. But here I am" concluded the former Iraqi scout find.

In all, the bullpen combined to pitch 20.2 innings of scoreless baseball this week over the course of 7 games. If we keep that up for the full 162 games, I think we'll have a decent season.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50