Hold My Log - 51.19 - de'Medici Set to Return

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 51.19 - de'Medici Set to Return

Post by 7teen » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:30 pm

After spending over 3 months on the injured list, the Portland Lumberjacks organization is happy to announce that reigning Egan Award winner Lorenzo de' Medici is set to return to the bullpen. Just in time for the final stretch run as the Lumberjacks seek out their second consecutive Frick League Pacific Division title.

"We are thrilled to see Lorenzo back and in full health" commented team manager Grux King. "Our bullpen has had some struggles throughout the season but we've held it together pretty good. But having Lorenzo back in the fold, fresh and healthy for the stretch drive, should give this team a huge boost down the stretch."

de' Medici suffered from forearm inflammation and has been out of action since June 20. His last action was in the game that day, a game in which he recorded one out and was pulled from the game. For Lorenzo, it was his first serious injury of his big league career. And the only major injury the Portland Lumberjacks have faced this season.

"We've been blessed to say the least" added King. "I know a lot of teams have seen multiple injuries throughout this season. Not sure what the issue has really been across the league. But we've been fortunate this season. I know the last 2 seasons has seen some injuries late and hopefully we are immune this season. I don't think talking about them or not really prevents or causes them from happening. They'll happen if they happen. Hopefully we roll through these final few weeks healthy and de' Medici's return pushes us over the edge."

The missing time this season will likely prevent de' Medici from reaching several milestones. For the first time since 2042, he'll fail to record 100 innings pitched. He'll fail to record 100 strikeouts for the first time in over a decade.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50