Hold My Log - 51.16 - Momma's Boy Gets 1st Win

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 51.16 - Momma's Boy Gets 1st Win

Post by 7teen » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:35 am

It's not all that easy to make a name for yourself in the BBA. It's even more difficult to do so when your mom is Kate Fiscus, the smoking hot, big chested assistant general manager of the Portland Lumberjacks. But Kam Fiscus is trying. In Portland's game against San Fernando on Wednesday, the 24 year old left-hander picked up his first big league of his career. Fiscus, who came in in relief, pitched 1.2 scoreless innings in the 8th and 9th innings while his team-mates walked it off in the bottom of the 9th off former Portland prospect Jimmy Bumble.

When asked how it felt getting his first big league win after the game, Fiscus replied "it feels great! I never really expected to be in Portland this year and to get the call up a few weeks ago to fill in for some injuries was a complete and total surprise. Now that I'm here, I'm just trying to do the best I can to stay for as long as I can. I know once some guys come off the IL that I'm likely one of the first on the chopping block but I'm just trying to do the best I can with the opportunity given to me."

And Kam has done just that. In 6 appearances, Fiscus has pitched 8.2 innings with a 2.08 ERA and 1.27 WHIP. He's walked 3 while striking out 9 with the Lumberjacks.

It's been a troublesome career to this point for Fiscus. After being selected in the 1st round by Long Beach and acquired by Portland via trade, his career has not panned out. He's had a solid minor league career but has never shown the real promise of being a big league caliber pitcher. Some in the organization in fact feel the only reason he got this opportunity over some other worthy arms was because of his high profile mother in the front office. All of which the team has denied the last few weeks.

"He's had two solid years now in AAA" commented team GM Chris Wilson. "You can't deny that. The fact he was a lefty and was showing good movement on his pitches this season, we felt he was the choice to be given the opportunity while de' Medici and Vega are down with injury. He's shown us that he can handle it up here. In fact, depending on how the rest of this season goes, we are considering working with Kam on ditching some of his pitches and possibly working on just being a reliever in the future. He may still have a career up here if he devotes his time to the bullpen."

While Wilson is optimistic in Kam, Kate feels differently. "I think he's the best reliever in our pen. Granted I may be a little biased. I think he's the rookie of the year, personally. I think the GMs should vote for him for the Gillstrom. And if you need any persuading to vote for him, just let me know. I can be persuasive."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Hold My Log - 51.16 - Momma's Boy Gets 1st Win

Post by Dington » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 am

I could definitely use some persuasion.please DM me, Kate.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: Hold My Log - 51.16 - Momma's Boy Gets 1st Win

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:43 pm

Here comes the proud mama….

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”