Hold My Log - 51.13 - Prepare Yourselves!

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 51.13 - Prepare Yourselves!

Post by 7teen » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:29 am

Prepare yourselves. The first TN of the regular season is about to be cast upon your eyes and it's not going to be pretty. No, we aren't talking about the so-so start of the Lumberjacks season. Sure, we took 2 dominating wins over Hawaii before dropping 3 straight to Louisville to start the season 2-3. But if the first sim is any indication, you are about to be hit with a heavy dose again of:

Ernest McBride.

Sure, we're probably setting ourselves up for a disaster by propping up our big man like this, but hey, we can't hit you hard with McBride stories if we don't come at you early and often. All McBride did in his first 5 games was hit 4 homeruns, drive in 7 RBI, and score 7 times all while batting .478 in the opening week with a 1.130 slugging percentage. The highlight of the week, was, well, everything.

"I feel refreshed and ready to get at it again" said McBride after the team's 8-6 loss to Louisville that saw McBride hit his 4th homerun in 5 games this season. "I know with some of the off-season moves we made, a lot of the offense is going to fall onto my shoulders this season. As long as I can stay healthy, I'm ready to carry the load."

The Portland offense was not written about fondly in many pre-season publications, and rightfully so. The team lost a whole slew of good offensive talent this off-season, prompting McBride's comment about carrying the load this season. However, in a very small sampling, Portland did score the 4th most runs in the Frick over the first week of the season which should at least be a positive for the team throughout the season.

"We know there were some changes made" commented first year manager Grux King, "but we have guys in place who know their role with the lineup. We think our offense will be just fine when paired up with the pitching staff we have here in Portland."

The Lumberjacks will close out the 4-game set with the Sluggers in the next sim before hosting the Twin Cities River Monsters in the home opener Saturday night.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Hold My Log - 51.13 - Prepare Yourselves!

Post by Dington » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:28 am

Brace yourselves, new GMs.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”