Hold My Log - 51.3 - de' Medici/Wilson Highlight League Voting

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 51.3 - de' Medici/Wilson Highlight League Voting

Post by 7teen » Tue May 17, 2022 10:58 am

With some random team claiming the Brewster and the off-season rapidly approaching, the Brewster Baseball Association announced it's major award winners for the 2050 season. These awards are given to the top pitcher, rookie, hitter, reliever, and general manager in each respective league. This season, the Lumberjacks claimed two of the five major individual awards announced this past week with Lorenzo de' Medici claiming the honor as the Frick's best relief pitcher and General Manager Chris Wilson claiming the Frick's top general manager award.

For de' Medici, the award is the 3rd time he's claimed the Jason Egan Award, the award given to the league's top pitcher and the 2nd time he's won the honor with the Lumberjacks. He won the award in 2042 as a member of the Nashville Blue Birds and with Portland in both 2046 and now 2050. The future hall of famer has also finished 2nd on the Egan ballot 3 more times. The reliever earned the award thanks to leading the league amongst relievers with an eye popping 5.1 WAR. He earned that in large part thanks to leading the Lumberjacks in strikeouts with 203 on the season and posting an outstanding 1.17 ERA and 0.75 WHIP over the course of 107.1 innings pitched and 96 appearances. de'Medici proved that the contract extension he signed at the end of last season may have well been worth it.

Over on the General Manager side, Chris Wilson earned his first GM of the Year Award since joining the Lumberjacks in their inaugural season in 2040. It's Wilson's third career GM of the Year Award as he adds the 2050 honor with the 2012 and 2032 honors, both won while with the Madison Wolves. Wilson spoke about winning the honor.

"I've only won 3 of these things? Really? I've been in this league for over 5 decades and have only won 3? I've been here longer than anyone not named Matt Rectenwald and Jim Roberts and I've only won 3? Hell, we all know Kate really earned this one so might as well make it 2 for me again and slap her name on the name plate!"

Both de'Medici and Wilson were landslide winners of their award. de'Medici earned 19 of the 27 1st place votes cast for the Egan award defeating Nashville's Cornelio Lazano for the award 191 to 122 in voting points. Wilson likewise earned 19 of the 27 votes for GM of the Year, defeating some bum named Brett Schroeder for the honor 216 to 117.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50