We Got Wood - 47.29 - A Brief Stop over .500

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 47.29 - A Brief Stop over .500

Post by 7teen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:52 am

In case you didn't notice, and judging by the recent two-game losing streak, you probably didn't... but the Portland Lumberjacks actually managed to climb OVER the .500 mark this season. In the midst of a 6-game winning streak and a stretch of winning eight of their last nine, the Lumberjacks snuck over the .500 mark with a 36-35 record after their 3-2 Extra inning win over Yellow Springs Thursday night in Ohio. The winning record at this stage of the season marks the latest the Lumberjacks have ever been over the .500 mark during a season. This is the eighth season of Lumberjacks baseball. Oddly enough, it was Vincente Venalde who recorded the win on the mound.

"It's really crazy to think about" commented Venalde on the win. "I've been here for pretty much every win and every loss this team has gone through since it came in to the league. To be the pitcher of record in getting over .500 is a pretty cool accomplishment I suppose. Of course if this team wins tomorrow or the next day or continues to win this will be pretty much meaningless. Or if the team stays over .500 then that'll be the latest. I dunno. I'm just rambling. Still a cool moment."

Venalde is the longest tenured Lumberjacks on the team and the only player left in the organization that was taken in the expansion draft back in 2039. He spent all of the 2040 season and most of the 2041 season in the minors but has been a staple of the organization ever since being called up in 2041.

Oddly enough, it was Faical Engeitado that recorded the save in relief in the 10th inning. Engeitado was a part of the mad "draft night trading" wildness of that 2039 night. "I've not been with the club as long as Vincente, but it feels like I've been here for a while" said Engeitado after the game. "Let's hope we continue to build on this as the season progresses. There is plenty of season still left to be played."

Portland would drop back to .500 the following night in Yellow Springs. Portland took an early 1-0 lead only to fall behind 2-1. After tying the game in the 8th, YS would win the game on a walk-off single in the 9th. A walk-off single in the 10th the following night would put the Lumberjacks back below .500 to end the most recent sim. Portland will try and salvage a split with the Nine in the final game tonight before heading out to play some divisional foes.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50