We Got Wood - 46.21 - Under Covers With Kate (Vol. 2)

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 46.21 - Under Covers With Kate (Vol. 2)

Post by 7teen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:22 am

Kate stood in the doorway of the Portland Motel 7 conference room looking around. Maybe a dozen unfamiliar faces stood gathered around, talking over issues and sipping random beverages from cups. Every face in the room was unfamiliar, most of them back turned to her anyway so she couldn't see them. She wouldn't have recognized them anyway. She had only interacted with these people in private chats, some through emails sent through a private account. Two long tables were centered in the room, chairs lining both sides. The meeting would begin as soon as she was ready for it to begin. Finally, a gentleman in the corner noticed Kate standing in the corner.

"Hey everyone, she's here! Kate's here, we can begin" the voice announced. He was clearly excited to get the meeting underway.

Kate confidently nodded and strutted her way to the front of the room. A podium was at the front of the room with a mic ready. Kate knew that was her spot. A banner with the letters "FS" were draped down the front with the group's symbol as well. A giant middle finger raised from one's right hand. A simple gesture, but universally understood by all. The group hurriedly refilled their drinks and grabbed a few snacks and hustled to their seats at one of the two tables slid together. Each spot at the table had a name plate reserving the spot for the individual, but only screen names. No real names were displayed.

"Good evening everyone, I'm glad we could all finally meet face to face" Kate began as the room of people hushed. "It's nice we can start putting some names with faces and make a real effort to get this movement really rolling. I know it was tough before, trying to do all of this underground and online but I think the time is really coming that we take this movement and effort up a notch. Yesterday Martinez, you have been put in charge of updating the group of how things are heading down south, what's the update?"

"Well, not as good as we had hoped" commented Martinez standing from his seat in the back of the room. "The team is truly playing better than we expected at the moment which has really slowed the progress of the movement. I think we all expected the bad of the last two seasons to continue on and pushing our agenda would be a lot easier. But so far, it's been the exact opposite."

"That's what I was afraid of" chimed in Kate as Yesterday took his seat, "and it's why I felt we needed to have this meeting face to face. The winning ways of the organization have really side tracked the movement and we need to get creative. We need to find another angle. Anyone in the room have any suggestions?"

"We could create a scandal" chimed in the voice from Tonsil Hamario. "Shouldn't be difficult to do that?"

"I like scandals" added Kate. "Those are always fun. I'm sure I can come up with a scheme or two that could work. Maybe something to implement over the All-Star break or right after when I'll be down there in town. Anyone else? Thoughts"

"Maybe we should just let him make a mistake" added Barefoot Mafia, "he's prone to one. Maybe we just pick a bad contract and focus on that."

"It could work" added Kate, "and we though that path was what we were on. But the team is playing too good. If we wait too long we will miss our opportunity all together. We have to get rid of this guy soon. Waiting could drag this out. Any other suggestions?"

Everyone looks around the room. Some small conversations break out but no one offers suggestions.

"Ok, then I guess scandal it is" added back in Kate. "Here is what I need from the group. Send me ideas. What can we do to ramp this movement up and get him out. We need something good. Again, I'm up for anything. ANYTHING!" Kate exclaimed. "We have to get this done. Our target date to implement this is next month. All-Star break or soon thereafter. Again, I'll be in town immediately there after to help with any implementation needed. Anyone have anything to add?"

Yesterday rises from his seat "With no more news, I adjourn this meeting"

"FIRE SHOELESS!!" the crowd erupts, middle finger raised high.

"Fire Shoeless!" Kate adds, middle finger also raised.

@shoeless.db
vic.png
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: We Got Wood - 46.21 - Under Covers With Kate (Vol. 2)

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:10 am

Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Oh... games can be played by both..
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

Post by FuzzyRawley » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:46 pm

This is how I was picturing this in my head:

:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:54 pm

I need a second....
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”