We Got Wood - 45.25 - Bringing the Son Home

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 45.25 - Bringing the Son Home

Post by 7teen » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:38 am

And so it continues. The Portland Lumberjacks made yet another deal, sending an established arm packing in favor of youthful prospects for the future. But this trade had a little more sentiment behind it. In another deal with division foe Long Beach, the Lumberjacks have sent starting pitcher Terrence Kelly to the Surfers in exchange for pitching prospect Kam Fiscus.

Fiscus, a left-handed prospect, was the Surfers first round draft pick in the most recent draft. However Fiscus, taken 18th overall by Long Beach, is probably most known for the being the son of Portland's assistant general manager Kate Fiscus and believed to also be the son of former Wolves assistant General Manager Dan Fiscus. Of course there are some time line discrepancies as Kam is 18, meaning Kate would have had him at the age of 19, and many believe that was well before the two had even met in Madison. But that sounds like a completely different story all together.

The acquisition of Fiscus continues to Lumberjacks move towards the future with their complete disregard for their present day success. The club, which already sits with the worst record in the Brewster Baseball Association, now doesn't even have 5 competent starting pitchers to throw out there for a rotation in 2045.

"I won't speak on the Kam acquisition as I wasn't involved with that one and he's my son" said AGM Kate Fiscus, "but this just continues to put into motion our Phase II idea. I do believe Phase II is going to pay huge dividends here very soon in Portland."

It is fairly obvious at this point that Phase II of Portland's build project requires the team to acquire as much potential pitching as possible. With the acquisition of Fiscus, the organization has at least 8 potential starting pitchers in the farm system and a handful of viable relief pitchers. Highlighted by names like Steve Warren, Chris Thompson, Felix Vidaca, and Frank Walbourne, the front office strongly feels the franchise is on the right track.

"It's just going to require patience from us and the fans" added team GM Chris Wilson. "I bet all of you were hoping to read a good piece about Kam and Kate today too huh? Well, perhaps we can cook something up."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: We Got Wood - 45.25 - Bringing the Son Home

Post by Lane » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:50 am

Well you've now got two of my 1st round draft pick pitchers. Aaron was happy with the one I gave him... Hopefully at least one of these guys is great for you.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: We Got Wood - 45.25 - Bringing the Son Home

Post by HoosierVic » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:19 pm

You’ve got a rotation full of nice looking prospects on the way. Phase II is looking good!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”