We Got Wood - 43.49 - Pinkerton tosses No-No

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 43.49 - Pinkerton tosses No-No

Post by 7teen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Things have gone silent in Portland as the team has begun to falter. But in an effort to publicize the team more down the stretch and play less video games, the PR staff is going to get back to work. And what better way to start things rolling again than highlighting a no-hitter, the first in the Portland organization.

No, the no-no was not tossed in Portland. So for those who only read big league TNs then go ahead and stop now. Maybe click on the thumbs up icon just for shits and giggles. But the no-hitter was tossed by one Portland's top pitching prospects so it does make the accomplishment a little more news worthy. On August 8th in a game against the Black Hills Rally, former 2nd overall pick Gusby Pinkerton tossed the feat in a 3-0 win by the Quincy Firedancers over the Rally. Pinkerton struck out 7 and walked 2 batters in the game and needed 95 pitches to do so.

"It's a pretty big deal" commented Pinkerton after the game. "Truth be told, I've never thrown one of these. Not even in youth ball. So to do so now, in the pro ranks, means a lot. Sure, it's not the BBA, but it's pretty damn close."

"I just had my stuff working out there today" said the left handed hurler. "Clearly there is a lot of luck that goes into throwing one of these but it's still a special feeling."

Pinkerton has made 17 starts this season in AAA and is 5-5 with a 3.66 ERA and 1.05 WHIP. The front office of the Lumberjacks is hoping he can become a little more effective against right handed hitters and can potentially debut in Portland as early as 2044. Tossing a AAA no hitter definitely earns you some recognition and gets you noticed by the front office a little more.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50