We Got Wood - 42.18 - Winning is Fun!

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 42.18 - Winning is Fun!

Post by 7teen » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:28 am

Im not sure what to think at this moment. A 4-2 sim has the Lumberjacks back at .500. This is the latest into any of the first three seasons that Portland has been at the .500 mark. And hey, a win in our next game (which I just jinxed) would put us back over the .500 mark again for the second time this season and in franchise history. The team isn't exactly doing a lot of things great (10th in runs scored and 13th in runs allowed) but winning is fun and we're enjoying it right now in the Pacific Northwest.

Scores
13-4 LOSS vs Nashville
6-5 WIN vs Nashville (walk-off)
8-5 WIN vs Nashville
10-4 LOSS at Yellow Springs
4-3 WIN at Yellow Springs
5-3 WIN vs Seattle (walk-off)

Clearly it was a sim that could have gone a variety of ways. Tied at 5-5 with 2 outs in the 9th, Faical Engeitado sent the fans home happy with a walk-off, solo homerun against Nashville in the 6-5 win. And then trailing 3-2 against Seattle with 2 on and 1 out in the 9th, Lionel Crepin did the same by hitting a 3-run, walk-off blast. So two walk-off wins definitely helped the cause. Of course on the flip side, Portland led Yellow Springs 4-3 going to the bottom of the 8th until the Nine scored 7-runs in the 8th inning, 6 coming off reliever Rahmat Subadio.

So yeah, that sim could have gone better or a lot worse very easily.

Pitcher of the Sim
Flynn Venegas
Venegas appeared in two games in relief this sim and pitched scoreless baseball. He went 2 innings in the 13-4 loss to Nashville, allowing no hits while walking a batter and striking out 3. He followed that up with 2.2 innings of scoreless action in the 5-3 win over Seattle in which he allowed a couple of hits and a pair of walks while striking out 3 and got the Win.
1-0, 4.2 IP, 0 Runs, 2 Hits, 3 Walks, 6 Ks for the Sim.

Hitter of the Sim
Paco Diaz
An outstanding week of play by our free agent signed catcher. Diaz hit .462/.563/1.308 on the week thanks to 3 homeruns and a pair of doubles. He scored 5 runs, walked 3 times, and had 6 RBI. In the loss to Yellow Springs, Diaz went 2-3 with with a pair of homeruns, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI. He added 3 hits and 3 RBI in the walk-off victory against Nashville.

Bum of the Sim
Ernie Kinney
It was a real toss-up here. I actually typed out two paragraphs (one for Kinney and another for Subadio) before going back to Kinney with the honor. Both sucked that sim. But Kinney allowed more runs in less IP so I'm going with him. Kinney will go down as my biggest expansion draft regret off all the guys I took. The guy is just a flat out bum right now who is costing me $7.9 million through next season!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50