We Got Wood - 42.05 - The Recap and Where's Kate?

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 42.05 - The Recap and Where's Kate?

Post by 7teen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:40 pm

The trio sat in CEO David Wallace's office. Things were silent. No one wanted to say a word. Wallace stared out of his office window overlooking The Trail at Multnomah, home of the Trailblazers. Wilson and the third of the trio sat in chairs across from Wallace's desk, wondering what the meeting was about. Wallace finally spun his high back office chair around.

Wallace: Who wants to explain?

Wilson: Explain what?

Wallace: Well for starters, who in the hell is this guy (Wallace says directing at the third man in the room)

Third Guy: My name is Dan, sir. Dan Fiscus.

Wallace: Wait, the Dan Fiscus?

Fiscus: I guess. I wasn't sure I was known as that but I guess so.

Wallace: THE Dan Fiscus that nearly bankrupted the Madison franchise years ago? The same Fiscus that rumors of drug deals gone bad while in Madison had been reported, then ran off to Canada to escape American police over said drug deal only to land on as a GM in Edmonton? The one that got shot? That Dan Fiscus. I thought you were dead!

Fiscus: Well, sort of. Not all of that is ----

Wallace: Wilson, what in the hell is going on around here!!!

Wilson: Well David, I brought Dan in to help clear up some other things that were going on around here. Dan has become my right hand man. He stays by my side at all times. I'm keeping him straight.

Wallace: That doesn't make me feel a lot better, Chris. Keeping him straight? Who is keeping YOU straight!? I'm completely baffled as to what in the hell is going on around here these days. We developed this so called "Master Plan" at one point then I turn around and find out freaking Steve Dempsey is back playing for us. Didn't he go completely against our "Master Plan"!?

Wilson: Well he did. But he was just sitting in the minors for Boise. I brought him back to try and get some more hits and get fans in the seats. Excited to see him chase 3,000 hits.

Wallace: Chris, fans don't give a rats ass about chasing 3,000 hits in this league. They don't care about milestones. They care about wins and championships. That's what gets fans in the seats. How about we start winning games and chasing championships?

Wilson: Well that's not entirely true. Look in Vancouver. They won the division and those fans don't care! They want to build a new stadium for no one to come to. Fans want to see good players. Steve is a good player. We need fans until we can build a winner. Dan is here to help me do that.

Fiscus: Yeah, I'm here ----

Wallace: I'm not talking to you. You just shut up. I'll figure out what to do about you later. What happened to that other little firecracker you had Chris. That Kate girl?

Fiscus: Well that's why Chris called me ---

Wallace: Was I talking to you? Chris, explain.

Wilson: Well, as Dan was saying. That's why he's here. We had a little issue with Kate earlier this season. Kate was doing some shady things with that chick from Yellow Springs who used to be with Chicago. Had something to do with that pig shit fiasco that happened a few years back. I called up Dan to help me dig into what Kate might be up to so he came out and helped clear up the matter.

Wallace: Yeah, I forgot all about that matter. They were trying to blame that on us at one point. Was Kate involved.

Wilson: Maybe, sort of. We never got to the bottom of it. We broke up a meeting between Kate and the Hellscape girl before we could get all the details. It's all been swept under the rug. Kate went out to Chicago, paid some guys up there a visit, and all was taken care of from there. I think the Hellscape chick was taken care of that night.

Wallace: That's it? It's done?

Fiscus: Kate can be ---

Wallace: Get out!

Wilson: Persuasive. She's persuasive. She took care of it. Nothing to worry about now with that matter.

Wallace: So where is Kate now?

Wilson: At the moment? She's in Coral Gables with our Florida League team.

Wallace: Why is she there?!?

Wilson: Working on her tan mostly, but she's been doing a good job with our young guys in the minors. I've assigned her to travel around with a variety of our minor league teams, focusing on our upper prospects. Then she gives me reports at the end of her time with each team.

Wallace: With our minors? Is she a scout? What in the hell is going on?

Wilson: It's a difficult story right now, David. Let's just say she helps with morale. For what it's worth, we are seeing some pretty good results from our youngsters of late. You seen this Normore guy lately? I think he could be with us in Portland next season, if the "Master Plan" has room for him in 2042.

Wallace: I have noticed him. You saying that's Kate's doing?

Wilson: Partially Normore, a lot Kate.

Wallace: Well, I'll trust you know what you're doing. We need more wins in 2042. Keep up the positive trend Wilson. Let's not lose 100 this season. And Chris, keep an eye on that Dan guy. I don't trust him.

Wilson: I'm on it boss. He's not going to cause any disruptions this go around!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50