We Got Wood 41.16 - The One Where Mick Goes Off

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood 41.16 - The One Where Mick Goes Off

Post by 7teen » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:15 am

For the first time in his 13 year career, Jon Mick knows he is going to be a free agent. While the All-Star slugging first baseman has been handsomely paid throughout his time in the Brewster Baseball Association, the homerun hitting slugger wants to make sure his last few years are just as rewarding as the first ones. That's why the 35 year old has started the 2041 season with a bang and a slight chip on his shoulder.

"It's nothing new for me" responded Mick after belting 2 homeruns against Des Moines in the Lumberjacks 11-5 loss to the Kernels. "People have said things about me all throughout my career. 'I'm paid to much', 'I'm not good enough', 'I'm this, I'm that'. It is what it is. I'm doing what I've always done and that's go out, day in and day out, and do what I'm best at. And that's hit homeruns, drive in runs, and try and do whatever I can to help my team win."

Mick is off to a hot pace in 2041, hitting 7 homeruns over the team's first 11 games. He's batting .310 with an insane 1.277 OPS over the shortened sample size. Though he won't directly admit it, Mick's start to the 2041 has come with that chip placed on his broad shoulders.

"Again, people have talked about me all throughout my career. As a big leaguer, if you need something to fuel you to do your job then you aren't much of a big league ballplayer."

Members of the Portland media have been trying to get Mick to directly respond to the "criticism and omission" of Mick in the 2041 Media Guide but he'll refuse to directly quote it. In the Portland preview, league media stated: **
Mick has some of the best counting numbers of anyone who will almost certainly not make the Hall of Fame.

Another glaring omission against Mick was that he was left off the Milestone's watch in the same Media Guide. Mick, now with 489 homeruns in his career, is just 11 shy of the 500 mark for his career, closer than both Carlton Winson and Emilio Morales who were both listed.**

Nevertheless, 2041 will be a telling time for the 35 year old Mick. Where will he end up next year? What will he get paid? How many homeruns and RBI will he have as he departs the guidance of Chris Wilson and moves on? One thing is for sure, if the 2041 Media Guide is correct, Mick will definitely be the answer to a trivia question, and that question will be What Player has the best stats not in the Hall of Fame!

**Disclaimer** This is just bulletin board, TN fluff I'm typing since Mick got off to a hot start. I appreciate all the work everyone put in to the Media Guide. If you have a problem with this TN, take it up with Jon Mick and his agent! :P
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: We Got Wood 41.16 - The One Where Mick Goes Off

Post by HoosierVic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am

They left that stuff out of the media guide because, well, you know ... Portland ...

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: We Got Wood 41.16 - The One Where Mick Goes Off

Post by RonCo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 pm

Love the use of the Media Guide.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”