We Got Wood - 41.04 - The One About Movember

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 41.04 - The One About Movember

Post by 7teen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:57 am

In an effort to continue to raise awareness for a variety of forms of cancer in males, several Portland Lumberjacks players decided to participate in the annual Movember movement this year and donate thousands of dollars to various organizations in the area. Here is what players had to say about the movement and their efforts.

I know we cured cancer back in 2032, but there are plenty of illnesses and diseases that need studied more, especially for men" said Manuel Soliz. "Women too of course, but this is about raising awareness for men's health and if growing this sweet stache helps those efforts then I'm all about it!"

"I chose to keep mine simple" said soon to be free agent Jayden Harsnett but still chose to participate in the effort nonetheless. "I couldn't pull off that swooping effort like Solis did there. That thing is pretty sweet."

The team voted for the best Movember look, and while Soliz's efforts were nice, the team voted Shuji Kokawa as the winner.

"Look at that thing" joked Jon Mick. "It looks like he drew it on himself with a permanent marker."

"Jon is just jealous" commented Kokawa. "He's just fat and fat guys have to grow those goofy goatees. He can't pull off the pencil thin stache like I can."

As for Mick, some Portland players just went with No Shave November looks or have opted for creative facial hair looks. Pitcher Ghi-cheng Kum went with some sort of side burns/runway chin look that was popular among the fans. However, it was Nelson Crtima's look that had a lot of people talking.

"I was trying to win the mustache competition but was disqualified" joked Crtima. "The guys said that since my mustache connected with my sideburns that it was no longer classified as a mustache. I asked them to show me the rules. I think everyone is just jealous of what I've got."

"Jealous?" commented dirty lipped Ernie Kinney. "Hell, we all decided that anyone who looks as goofy as that fucker doesn't deserve to win an award."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: We Got Wood - 41.04 - The One About Movember

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:36 am

Outstanding. But I think Crtima has a legitimate gripe. If it doesn't connect to anything on the chin, seems like it should qualify as a 'stache!

Well done again, sir!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”