We Got Wood - 40.43 - Cellar Dweller No More

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 40.43 - Cellar Dweller No More

Post by 7teen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Portland General Manager Chris Wilson and "intelligence director" Kate Fiscus leave Lumberjacks owner David Wallace's office after the Luis Ortega trade conversation and head back to Wilson's office.

Chris: Nice having you back Kate. I must also admit, you look nice!

Kate: Yeah, after Dan was shot in that diner it put a lot of things back into perspective for me. I got off the drugs, I think that helped mostly. But taking care of Dan after his retirement with Louisville was a main concern. And now here I am. Clean and ready to work.

Chris: Outstanding. Perfect timing for you to get here as well. We are actually preparing to head out to Vancouver right now for a huge 3 game series in Canada with those punks.

Kate: I see you're still hating on the Mounties. Some things never change. So what's the plan? You need me to sleep with Joe? Hook up with Brett? It's what I'm here for, right?

Chris: HAHA, neither of those guys are in charge up there anymore actually. Some new guy is up there. Supposedly some guy in the podcasting business. Talks some shit and posts it for everyone to hear. Or so they say. I don't have time for that kind of stuff. Actually, the reason I have you in here today is something smaller, but at the same time, bigger.

Kate: Smaller? Come on Chris, I don't think we should be sleeping together.

puzzled look

Chris: No. Huh? Nevermind. No look. Chicago is coming to town after that and, yeah, while I want to sweep those little Mounties up north we have to keep an eye on Chicago and get ready for them. That Vinnie guy is just a weasel and we have to be prepared so I need you staying here. Laying low.

Kate: So, what do you need me for?

Chris: Well, I don't want you making a big scene just yet. I still have to warm David up to the idea of you being here. So here is what I have in mind. You're going to market this new merchandise for me.

Kate: Merchandise? Market? Don't we have a marketing director for that.

Chris: I don't know. Maybe. But follow with me. See, I can't have you out there right now getting noticed for all the wrong reasons. A lot of eyes are watching things that are happening around here now. Feds buzzing around after our Master PlanTM was stolen. Just don't need us getting caught for much right now.

Kate: The Master PlanTM?

Chris: Yeah, long story. Told another day. But here is what I have in mind for you to warm Dan up to you. I need you to take to take credit for this new shirt we plan to sell next week against Chicago. What do you think?

Kate: (reading shirt) August 6. Not In Last! What does that mean?

Chris: It's the date of when we climbed out of the cellar. Out of last place. We're still an expansion team here Kate. On that date, we jumped Seattle and climbed out of last place.

Kate: That's a reason to celebrate?

Chris: Hell yeah it is. Trust me, David will love it. After the Ortega trade he's fearing fans will be upset and not come to the games. What better way to draw fans back in than reminding them we are trending up. At least we are better than the team two hours north. Hell, maybe we steal some Storm fans along the way.

Kate: If you say so. So I just take credit for the idea.

Chris: That's it. All your idea. Dan will think you're a genius for coming up with it and marketing the idea. I just need you to stay back and work on that while we're up kicking some Mounties ass.

Kate: Good deal. I'm on it.

Chris: Thanks Kate. And Kate, keep that secure phone on you while I"m gone. I'll be in touch. I do have something I'll need you to do before the Black Sox roll into town.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: We Got Wood - 40.43 - Cellar Dweller No More

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Kate and her worrisome secure phone - we’ll have to see if it can stand up to Max Nash, Vinnie’s P.I.

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:49 pm

tbh I don't care to celebrate Portland climbing out of the cellar, but I'll certainly celebrate the return of Kate!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Post by StormZ_23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Wow, now I really have to win this series
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)