We Got Wood -40.42 - Blow Somewhere Else

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood -40.42 - Blow Somewhere Else

Post by 7teen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Team owner David Wallace and General Manager Chris Wilson traded Lumberjacks closer Luis Ortega today. Here is how that decision and meeting went down today.

Chris - Here he is David.

David - Grab you a seat, Luis. Look, we have some tough news to tell you. We've decided to trade you today.

Chris - See Luis, you just don't fit into our Master PlanTM. We can't be paying ....

Luis - Thank goodness.

Chris - ... a closer over $10 million a season..... Wait, what?

Luis - Thank goodness.

David - Wait, you wanted to be traded? You didn't like pitching here? You didn't like having us pay you an enormous salary?

Luis - With all due respect guys, I hated it here. As a closer, you need to have some high energy games to play in. That's not happening in Poorland.

Chris - It's Portland, Luis. Portland

David - It's his accent Chris. Calm down. He meant Portland.

Chris - No way! This guy is coming in here and act relieved he's not pitching here anymore? Let me tell you something, Louis. We stuck by you for most of this season. Even while you were out there coughing up save after save. After you were blowing win after win. You've blown 6 saves this season, have costed us a King's ransom in salary this season, and are pretty much the equivalent of a replacement player. The way I see it, we're the ones who should be relieved about this, not you.

Luis - Well, that's how you see it. I'm just glad to be pitching in meaningful games again.

Chris - Meaningful? MEANINGFUL!?

David - Calm down Chris. You see, Luis, that's just it.

Luis - What's just it? Where am I going? What did you get for me? A super prospect? A future pitcher?

Chris - Hah! I got this one David. You're going to, you ready Luis. CHARLOTTE! We traded you to Charlotte! How's that for a Master PlanTM. We sent you to the Cougars for $1 dollar! Yes, you're worth $1 to us. Pack your bags buddy boy. The travelling secretary has all your plans.

Luis exits the room

David - You enjoyed that way to much, Chris

Chris - Sorry. I got a little fired up. Luis just made me angry. But I was fired up anyway as should you. We just parted ways with a guy who was going to cost us $13 million next season and possibly $2 million more in a buyout after next season to reject his team option. This is a huge move for us financially.

David - Oh, I agree. It's a huge move for us in salary. You worried at all over losing some fan interest? The fans seemed to like Luis.

Chris - Maybe a little. Attendance is doing pretty well. If fans were coming to watch Ortega then we have more problems to deal with. I don't think we'll see much of a decline there.

David - I hope you're right. I don't want to make a move that could hurt what we have going.

Chris - I don't think it will. I think the positives outweigh the negatives in this move.

I woman confusingly walks into the room

Woman - Is this a bad time? That guy seemed pretty mad!?

Chris - Oh no, perfect timing. David, this is Kate. I've brought here in the help me with a few projects to continue on with the Master PlanTM.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: We Got Wood -40.42 - Blow Somewhere Else

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:16 pm

The mysterious Kate! The plot thickens ...

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:01 am

HoosierVic wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:16 pm
The mysterious Kate! The plot thickens ...
She’s not mysterious for us long timers. Haha this is gonna be great.
GM Vancouver Mounties

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Seeing the headline, I really thought this was going to be a Kate-centric team news.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Portland Lumberjacks”