We Got Wood - 40.12 - Schedule Makers Knew What They Were Doing

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

We Got Wood - 40.12 - Schedule Makers Knew What They Were Doing

Post by 7teen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:32 pm

It hasn't made much attention around the league at this point, but it should have. While many teams and fans don't pay much attention to the schedule and who and when teams meet, Portland General Manager Chris Wilson is always aware of key matchups and when those happen. While Opening Day is always a special day in many big league baseball cities, a lot of eyes will be on one city in particular.

"Portland vs Madison on Opening Day" said Portland General Manager Chris Wilson today. "The schedule makers knew what they were doing. You can't make this stuff up. It's going to be very odd going back to Madison for the matchup and being considered a visitor after spending 41 seasons there as the leader of the home team."

"I feel the same way as Wilson" said Portland DH Steve Dempsey. "I spent 14 seasons in Madison as a Wolves player. Clearly leaving after that amount of time was tough. Hopefully the fans will treat Porky and I well when we arrive. Truth be told, I think Ive only been in the visitors locker room a handful of times. It'll definitely feel weird going in there to get dressed. I may have to stop by and see some of the old guys before I leave. Whoever may be left there from last year" Dempsey concluded with a chuckle.

It's unkonwn at the moment what sort of crowd to expect when these two meet for Opening Day. Many speculate it'll be a sell-out as fans will be excited to see both the start of a new season as well as the inaugural game of the Portland franchise. Wilson's comments only added to the unknown today when he said "We always sold out opening day when I was here. Granted, we had players the fans could recognize. It's hard telling who will show up this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see no one in the stands, or perhaps see a lot of fans there in Dempsey and Mick Lumberjacks jerseys cheering on their favorite players. Or maybe everyone hangs around the Hall of Fame just to visit the exhibit of me there."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50