2058.59 Flight Log-Chavez Records 300th Career Save

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2058.59 Flight Log-Chavez Records 300th Career Save

Post by Krathan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:09 pm

Flight Log.png
Alejandro Chavez stepped out of the bullpen at Family Dollar Field on Tuesday, August 27, after the bottom of the 8th inning ended. The music was blaring, the lights were flashing, and the veteran pitcher started his jig to the mound with his traditional hop and skip over the foul line. His team was leading the game 3-0 and Chavez was focused on shutting down the Crawdads, who the Flyers are chasing in the JL Wildcard race.

After completing his warm-up pitches, Chavez bowed his head briefly then made the sign of the cross along his head and chest as is his usual custom. Chavez stepped onto the mound and looked in at Farid bin Mubarak for the sign.

After inducing a lazy fly ball out on his second pitch, Chavez went on the strike out the next two batters to complete the save. It was his 13th since joining the Flyers, his 37th of the season, and his 300th since entering the BBA.

The scoreboard focused in on Chavez as he threw his arms into the air with a graphic overlay acknowledging the accomplishment. The crowd cheered, chanting his name as the players gathered to celebrate their teammate and their important victory.

After the game, Chavez spoke with reporters. “This means a lot to me. I have been fortunate to be able to play for quite a few years already, and my managers have trusted me to get the big outs at the end of the game. 300 is a great number but I’m far from done. Right now, I’m focused on helping this great team I’m on to the playoffs. I’ll look back at this when we’re done playing this year and appreciate it more, but I don’t have any plans to stop getting saves anytime soon.”
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2058.59 Flight Log-Chavez Records 300th Career Save

Post by trmmilwwi » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:57 am

Awesome career so far. He is in the top 50 in saves which is awesome. At his current pace he would need 8 years to get past Glendenning for 3rd. Obviously Eagan is out of reach.

Saves Leader Board

Next HOFer on the list is Huber at 36 but Chavez is likely not in that category. Just noticed my custom ammy, EVS III. He had a great career.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”