2058.54 Flight Log-McNeill Jr Has His First Professional Signature Moment

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2058.54 Flight Log-McNeill Jr Has His First Professional Signature Moment

Post by Krathan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:57 pm

Flight Log.png
In this edition of Flight Log, we take a look at Lucas McNeill, Jr., who just had his first real signature moment as a professional baseball player.

Lucas McNeill, Jr. was drafted by the Charlotte Flyers with the 6th overall pick in 2057. He was awarded with a $6 Million signing bonus and spent the rest of the year playing for the organization’s rookie league team, the Elkins Buzzards. As a 16-year old, the young shortstop played well and helped his team win the division and make the playoffs.

Going into the 2058 season, McNeill was promoted to Adirondack to play for the short A team there. He played fine in 63 games there, hitting .271 and playing solid defense at shortstop. Despite his unimpressive 63 wRC+ this season, the young prospect was promoted to level A Danville to finish the season.

McNeill’s best week as a pro came in his first week with the Danville Dodos. He had 10 hits in 18 at bats with 4 walks, 3 runs scored, and 2 runs batted in. He had multiple hits in 3 games and reached base in 5 of the 6 games played this week.

The most impressive game of the youngster’s career came on Wednesday, August 14th.

In the top of the 2nd inning, McNeill came to the plate with 2 outs and a runner on 1st base. McNeill worked the count full before driving a hard ground ball into right field for a single. The exit velocity on that hit was 106.9mph. He scored on a 3-run home run one batter later.

In the top of the 4th inning, McNeill once again came to the plate with 2 outs. This time, the bases were empty. He fell behind in the count 1-2 before hitting a little dribbler toward short. He hustled down the line and beat the throw to 1st for his second single of the game. McNeill eventually made the final out of the inning, being thrown out at the plate trying to score on a single.

In the top of the 6th inning, McNeill led off with a line drive single to right field after getting ahead in the count 1-0.

In the top of the 8th inning, McNeill came to the plate with one out and a runner on 2nd. He drove the first pitch he saw into center field for a single. The ball came off of the bat at 100mph and got to the fielder too quickly for the runner to score. Later in the inning, McNeill came in to score on a bases loaded walk.

McNeill came to bat once more in the top of the 9th inning with a runner on 1st and no outs. He drove a 2-2 pitch into right field for his 5th hit of the game.

McNeill was interviewed after the game, and had this to say. “I felt great out there today. It was a lot of fun being able to get so many hits. I’m glad I was able to do it on a day where we won the game, too. It’s been kind of a tough season, you know. I haven’t played as well as I wanted to and I haven’t really felt like I’ve been used the best I could’ve been this year. But yeah, this was super fun and I hope I can keep it up.”
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”