2058.38 Sky Writing-This Long Beach Water Thing

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2058.38 Sky Writing-This Long Beach Water Thing

Post by Krathan » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Sky Writing Banner.png
Charlotte assistant general manager Ron Mosley locked the door to his office and answered his phone. Walt was on the line with some very compelling information. He listened as Walt described a growing controversy around the water in Long Beach. It seems that the water is causing established major league players to become shadows of their former selves. There are even rumors of deaths caused by overexposure.

“This is some scary ass shit Walt” said Mosley with a hint of excitement in his voice “but it also kind of makes me think.”

Walt stayed quiet on the other end of the line, waiting for the punch line.

”I feel like…maybe…there’s some way we could use this…you know?” Mosley was speaking slowly and softly. “I think…maybe…we could get a little more home field advantage than we already have.”

Walt spoke steadily. “I hear you. I’m sure that something could be done…if that’s really the route you want to go.”

”I don’t know. It does seem a little drastic, and we’re playing really well at home as it is…but…maybe we could just use it against the toughest teams…and just a little…I don’t want to kill anybody.” Mosley was trying to sound at least somewhat unsure of his plan.

“Of course.” Walt responded.

Mosely spoke more slowly now. “Maybe we just prep it…yeah…we just get it ready and hold onto it…just in case we want to go through with it.”

”Tell me what you want.” Walt said calmly.

Mosely spoke more with a more confident tone. ”Okay. I think we need to set something up where we can ensure that the visiting clubhouse here at FDF has trace amounts of Long Beach water in their drinks. Like we have just enough in the coolers we provide that it makes them play a little worse than usual…if that’s how it works. I mean, it’s just a theory right now. How do we test this?”

Walt offered a suggestion. “I’m sure we can make your idea a reality, but you’re right. You need more information before you put anything into action in the big leagues. Maybe you could test it in the minor leagues first.”

”Ah, yes. That’s it. But I think we’ll have to use it on some of the guys in our system. You know, guys who aren’t ever going to make it to Charlotte but who have just enough talent to really be able to see what kind of impact it has on them. It’s risky, but it could really be worth it. Let’s make it happen.”

Walt paused and then asked “Who else knows about this? In the organization, I mean.”

”Nobody. This is my project. I don’t want to bring anyone else in…not yet anyway. I want to at least make sure it’s going to work before I bring it up with anybody else.”

“Got it. I’ll keep this close to the vest, and keep the team as small as possible.” Walt responded. “I’m going to get to work right away. I’ll send a couple of my guys to Long Beach to collect enough water to start our project.”

Mosely spoke more quickly, with excitement in his voice. “That’s great. I’ll get to work on choosing some players in our system to run our tests on. Let me know when you’re ready.”

”Of course. I’ll be in touch Mr. Mosely.”

Walt hung up the phone and sat down at his desk. He giddily opened up his player files to find the best candidates for his experiments.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: 2058.38 Sky Writing-This Long Beach Water Thing

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 pm

Love it. Gonna need to find out who Walt is getting his intel from. Need to know who’s fingers to break.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Krathan
BBA GM

Re: 2058.38 Sky Writing-This Long Beach Water Thing

Post by Krathan » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:53 pm

Walt is very good at what he does.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”