2058.33 Flight Log Flyers Make 1st Round Draft Pick

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2058.33 Flight Log Flyers Make 1st Round Draft Pick

Post by Krathan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:56 am

Flight Log.png
The Flyers have announced that they have decided on their first round draft pick for 2058.

Hector Ruiz is a 17 year old center fielder from Pleasant Run, Ohio, who has been a member of the Nintendo Bros. High School team for three seasons. During that time, he has played 119 games, slashing .281/.365/.501 with 25 doubles, 8 triples, and 19 home runs, driving in 81 runs. 2058 was a down year, but the team sees a lot of potential in the young man offensively. Scouts currently project him to end up with 6 contact, 9 gap, 7 power, 5 eye, and 6 avoid k. He has very good speed but needs to work on his base stealing and base running skills.

Ruiz is one of the few players in this year’s draft who looks like he has the range to become an excellent defender in center field. At this point, he doesn’t look like he will quite reach Victor Frazier levels of defensive prowess, but he should still be very good in center. It probably isn’t fair to compare him to an established big leaguer who has won a Zimmer anyway.

Despite the fact that Ruiz had a down year in 2058, scouts noticed that his offensive approach had improved and rated his current hit skill higher than the year before.

A note on Hector’s down year: Hector’s mother, Alicia Ruiz, was diagnosed with cancer last September. The disease was discovered late and had spread so much that the doctors said that there was nothing that could be done for her. They told her that she might not make it into the new year. Unfortunately, they were correct. She passed away on December 30, 2057, just two days before Hector’s baseball season began. He told everyone on his team that he was playing for his mother this season. His coaches said that he seemed to be pressing and trying to do too much all the time. His coaches and teammates supported him throughout the season and were thrilled to see him picked in the top 10 in the draft.

“He deserves it.” said his manager Vicente Quinones. “I know he’s going to make it to the big leagues. The kid’s got something special. I wish him all the best and I’ll be following his career and rooting for him wherever and whenever he plays.”

His father, Eduardo Ruiz said “Hector and I have had a tough year, but seeing him get picked in the top 10…”he said as the tears started to roll down his cheeks, “It just means so much. His mother would be so proud of him if she were still here…Sorry…He knows she can see him and that she’s proud of him. I just want him to have everything. He’s such a great son.”
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2058.33 Flight Log Flyers Make 1st Round Draft Pick

Post by RonCo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:30 pm

Though kid.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”