2058.2 Flight Log An Interview with the Owner

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2058.2 Flight Log An Interview with the Owner

Post by Krathan » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:47 pm

Flight Log.png
In this edition of Flight Log, a brief discussion with the owner of the Charlotte Flyers.

We recently wrote about a number of moves made by the Flyers this offseason. Since that article, we had a chance to talk with John Watson, the owner of the team, about the most recent season, and one of those trades. It was an interesting, and somewhat confusing discussion.

Flight Log: Mr. Watson, how are you feeling about the season that just ended?

Watson: Well, I’m glad we won more games this year but we should have made the playoffs.

FL: The team was in the hunt until very late in the season. Why do you think the team didn’t end up making the postseason?

Watson: We spent the money. I’ll tell you that. Lots of it. I really committed to winning this year. We should have made it.

FL: It seems like the team would have had a really good shot with a little more injury luck.

Watson: Luck? No. Injuries, sure. Maybe we just didn’t get all the right players. We should have known some of those guys would end up hurt. Should have known.

FL: Ok. The team drew more than 1 million more fans than it did in 2057. That has to be exciting.

Watson: Oh, for sure. But with all the money we put into this year that had to happen right? But we should have made the playoffs.

FL: A 13 game improvement over the previous season’s win total was a pretty good step back toward postseason play. Do you expect the team to be better in 2058?

Watson: It better be. I want to watch this team play in the postseason. That’s why we’re here, right?

FL: What moves do you think the team needs to make in order to take that next step.

Watson: Well, a lot of moves have already been made haven’t they? I’ll tell you what though, after our bullpen mess last year, I’m glad we went and got Chris Lacey from San Fernando. That’s the guy that’s going to make all the difference.

FL: Lacey, huh? Why is he so important to the 2058 season?

Watson: I watched that team in the playoffs and that kid was fantastic. He only gave up 1 run…and he pitched 7 times. Did you hear that? Seven games, only 1 run. That’s what we need. I made sure we got him for our team this year. He’s going to lead us to the playoffs.

FL: What do you think of the other moves so far?

Watson: They’re fine. We’ll have to see how they turn out. I guess it’s a good idea to add some lefties. We didn’t have any last year. That was a mistake, I think. I gotta go. Sorry.

FL: Thanks for your time.

Watson: Yeah. Thanks.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2058.2 Flight Log An Interview with the Owner

Post by RonCo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 pm

Chris Lacey. I wanted him to be even better. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”