C-Notes 2054.1: Offseason 1

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

sethmoko
Ex-GM

C-Notes 2054.1: Offseason 1

Post by sethmoko » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:04 pm

The Cougars had a hard time adjusting to their new GM, or perhaps the new GM had a hard time adjusting. "We'll figure it out and get back to the grindstone" GM Seth Moland-Kovash said, adding "It may not happen overnight but I want to tell the people of Charlotte that the Cougars are going to get back to their winning ways. The owner has sent down a goal for 2054 that is on the lips of all the baseball fans in Charlotte: "don't suck completely."

Moland-Kovash was able to bring back fan favorite and key contributor SS Robert Menzies at the trade deadline. Perhaps pulling off a trade for prospects would have been a smarter strictly baseball move, but it does seem that the team needed something to build around and the fans need some reason to come to the ballpark every day. It is hoped that Menzies will be that for many years to comes as he has been thus far. The shortstop put up an OPS+ of 110 this past season while playing a solid shortstop and leading the team, putting up 4.8 WAR. He has also been a healthy and solid contributor, not missing more than a week at any one time since way back in 2044. Since his time in Charlotte, which began in 2045 he has put up a minimum of 611 PA.

The MVP on the pitching side is equally easy to find with ace Alaric Wullenweber. The newcomer to the Cougars is signed through 2055 and gives some hope that every 5 days there will be a quality start. In 2053 he led the Johnson League in ERA (3.19), IP (254), K (235), and WAR (6.8).

With these two players to build around, it should be possible for Moland-Kovash to help the Cougars to not "suck completely" but only time will tell.

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: C-Notes 2053.1: Offseason 1

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:53 am

Menzies is a solid player for sure. Love the looks of him. My oh my that pitcher is making some bank. Yowsers. I guess I need to get these Outlaw finances in check in order to compete.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”