C-Notes 2052.01 - Is the Plan® Changing?

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

C-Notes 2052.01 - Is the Plan® Changing?

Post by GoldenOne » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:59 pm

If you've been around for more than a few seasons, you've heard about Charlotte's GM and The Plan®. You may have even figured out some of the tenets of The Plan®. Heck, there are a few other teams that seem to follow the same plan. But, did GM Golden alter The Plan® in 2051? Let's take a look.

We know that Golden likes that old-fashioned stat of Average. And while 2051's .296 wasnt the highest under Golden it was the 2nd highest total in the GM's 18-season tenure. How about OBP? Golden likes a high contact rate. Again, we see that the .349 OBP for 2051 was the 2nd highest in Golden's tenure. What about those gap numbers? We know Golden likes those doubles and triples hitters. Well, those arent at the top of the list but they are close enough to lead one to believe that The Plan® might not have changed.

But let's take a look at a few other numbers that may lead us to believe that The Plan® may be changing.

Let's start with Stolen Bases. Golden's teams have generally been near the top of the league in SBs every year, averaging 188 SBs in his 18 seasons. In 2051, the Charlotte Cougars only stole 96 bases! That's 33 fewer SBs than the next lowest total under Golden. Wow. But what else, you might be asking. How about HR totals? Golden's teams have never been known as a prolific HR-hitting teams, having only twice broken the 200 HR total, and those were his early years with the Nashville Goats. 2051 saw an increase of 27 HRs over 2050's total of 164 but it was also 55 HRs higher than 2049's HR total. The 2051 Cougars also scored over 5 Runs per Game (5.6) for the first time in Golden's career.

And let's also remember that GM Golden managed to increase Family Dollar Field's park dimensions before the 2051 season, right about the time he was signing Aaron Haney and Bret Powers to play for the Cougars.

When asked to comment about any potential changes to The Plan®, GM Golden commented, "Nope, no changes. You think I would tell you anyway?"

So, there you have it. No changes to The Plan®. I'm guessing there have just been some tweaks, maybe, or maybe not, what they hell do I know.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”