C-Notes 2051.03 - Why Not?

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

C-Notes 2051.03 - Why Not?

Post by GoldenOne » Thu May 26, 2022 8:15 pm

With 40-man roster positions diminishing for the Charlotte Cougars heading into the Rule 5 Draft, GM Brett Golden decided to go all-in on one selection, and one selection only.

GM Golden and the Charlotte Cougars got their man. Coming over from the Boise Spuds is RP Alonso Estrada.

Estrada is a 25-year old Chilean who has been well-traveled as he heads into what will be his third major league season. Estrada broke into the league in 2049 with Sacramento where he managed to see appearances in just 5 games before that crazy Shoeless GM there shipped him off to Edmonton (and for good reason.) In Edmonton, Estrada managed to show up in 66 games where his ERA was a little better (3.99 compared to 13.50 in SAC)

The Jackrabbits decided to try and let Estrada get things worked out in the minors after only 2 games (of 0.00 ERA work). He saw only 4 games in AAA (throwing 14 Ks to only 4 BBs) before he was sent down another level to AA for the rest of the 2050 season.

So where does Boise come in? Well, Edmonton decided to throw Estrada on waivers in November of 2050 where he was picked up by Boise.

Anywho......Estrada has some obscene Stuff ratings to go along with his above average Movement ratings. He consistently throws 99-101mph and both his Fastball and Changeup are off-the-charts. He can easily go 2-3 innings, if needed and has an amazing move to 1st for a right-handed pitcher. And, get this, if pitchers could be used as a pinch runner, he'd find himself on the basepaths more than Sacramento's lead-off hitter.

So, why does he have so many frequent flyer miles in such a short career? Well, you dont want to dig in too well in the batter's box because nobody is really sure where the ball is going too often. Oh yeah, and his overall attitude and peripherals suck. Like, really bad. But, the Cougars have a team (half) full of true leaders that should be able to keep Estrada on an even keel for the season. Either way, it'll be fun to see if he can strikeout more guys than he hits this season.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: C-Notes 2051.03 - Why Not?

Post by ae37jr » Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 pm

I tried to get him on waivers and I think had him on my Rule 5 list also. Really interesting player. On top of the obvious, he has the highest rated hold runner and pitcher defense in the league. In fact you could probably teach him first base and he'd be a really good late inning sub if you have a butcher at 1st.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: C-Notes 2051.03 - Why Not?

Post by GoldenOne » Fri May 27, 2022 6:43 am

ae37jr wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 pm
I tried to get him on waivers and I think had him on my Rule 5 list also. Really interesting player. On top of the obvious, he has the highest rated hold runner and pitcher defense in the league. In fact you could probably teach him first base and he'd be a really good late inning sub if you have a butcher at 1st.
I really wish I could use him as a pinch runner.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”