C-Notes 2048.05 - Cougars on the Move

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

C-Notes 2048.05 - Cougars on the Move

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 am

In what has been a fairly quiet trading market so far this season, GM Golden made a couple of surprising moves yesterday that have some Cougars fans shaking their heads.

In the first move, Charlotte sent promising, young RP José 'Racetrack' López to Omaha for RP Agniruha 'Legend' Gaekwad and Rookie ball P Hatitosa Sandipan. GM Golden had this to say about the transaction: "Look, I love Jose, but right now we've got Brooksie closing games for us. By adding Legend, we're not really losing too much (though our outfielders will have to work a little harder) and we add another interesting player whose potential just keeps getting better and better since he came into the league four years ago."

In his second move of the day, Golden sent 2B Jorge Aranda to Phoenix for another young pitching prospect, Eiichi Takahashi. With Aranda hitting .301/.353/.462, this one was a head-scratcher for a lot of people. So, when GM Golden was asked to comment about this trade, his comments didnt help clear up the situation.

"Jorge is having a great year. But, there are a lot of RHPs in the Atlantic and he's been struggling against them. Sure, he gave us a lot of flexibility, but there are 2, 3, 4+ guys sitting down in Richmond that can do what he is doing for us right now. And Takahashi....you just wait. He'll be on this staff before too long and whether its as a SP or RP, you wont be wondering why I made this trade then. The Plan® is working and in motion - trust the process. That guy in Yellow Sprung, Sprang, Springs....whatever...he isnt the only one that can teach people how to run a franchise. Some of us just dont give everyone the keys to the castle, just because they feel like it."
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”