C-Notes 2043.09 - Another #1 Gone

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

C-Notes 2043.09 - Another #1 Gone

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 pm

Since the inception of the Cougars in 2040 they have had three straight #1 overall picks. The 2041 pick, Amos Swallows was traded to Edmonton immediately after signing his contract. The 2042 pick, Dave Lee was traded to Yellow Springs in the offseason, following his 2042 debut with Charlotte's AA team.

It seemed that Charlotte's original #1 overall pick, Quinn Richardson was going to be the SS of the Cougars (and a Leader in the Clubhouse) for years to come. But apparently, April of Richardson's third season in the majors was enough of an audition for GM Golden. On May 5th, 2043, GM Golden sent Richardson to the San Fernando Bears for Bobby Horne, Jeremy Webb, and Héctor Vázquez. Richardson, who was impressive enough to shoot through AA and AAA in half a season each, finished his Cougars career, playing 166 games and batting .221/.255/.405 with 26 HRs, 18 SBs (in 31 attempts), and 157 strikeouts.

When reached for comment, GM Golden had this to say - "Look, I like Quinn. He's a great guy. It wasn't a fit here. Maybe he'll fit in more in San Fernando."

When asked if this year's #1 overall pick, Warren Moore, should keep his bags packed after he signs a contract, Golden said, "Nah, we'll give Warren a fair shot. He's got some time. It helps that the club is a little more settled than when we first came into being. But hey, if someone wants to blow me away....well, I'm a nice guy. I'll help Warren pack."
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”