Tripoli (Updated) Trade Block

Treydmarq
Ex-GM

Tripoli (Updated) Trade Block

Post by Treydmarq » Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 am

As of today, August 11th, I have decided to fully engage the youth movement that losing so many games has led to, so the following veteran players are now available:

Ares Papadias/Takanobu Nishikawa - C - These 2 are essentially the same player. Both are power hitting C, who will strike out a decent amount, play average defense and neither help nor hurt your pitching staff. Neither has a contract that extends past the end of this season and either could be had for a decent A or AA player that maybe hasn't made the improvements your organization is looking for.

Virgil Shafer/Kevin MacKeith - Corner OF - Shafer is a phenomenal corner outfield defender with above average speed and fantastic instincts on the base paths. Unfortunately, at the plate, Shafer has been completely terrible. Is it the beginning of the end for the tater grater or is it just a down season on a very bad team? I'd make a bet he's hitting 20+ home runs again next season....and might even have 10+ left in him for a new team. MacKeith is a strictly RF defender who will hit you 20+ homers a year while giving you phenomenal defense.....and not much else. But if your OF is leaking and your team needs power....MacKeith is your guy. Not to mention he will still be in arbitration, so he should be a rather cheap 20+ homer bat to have on your team.

Jose Serrano - 1B - Serrano got lost in the glut of OF and CI options we had, so he has gotten very little run on the field this year. His poor performance on the field should be more blamed on lack of at bats and infield reps and less on overall skills, as he still has very good power, hits to all corners of the outfield and will not strike out at a high rate. Another guy with a contract ending this year, should be able to get a cheap extension from a guy who hit 33 home runs his first year in UMEBA.

Luis Alvarez - 2B - Alvarez is owed $3m in the 2048 season, but the cost should be fairly easy to justify. A slightly below average middle infielder defensively, he's an above average bat. Currently he has the 4th most home runs, tied for 4th most triples and 7th most extra base hits as a 2B.....in only 259 at bats (compare that to the 2B top 5 leaders in at bats, who all have 400+ at bats). An affordable 2B who, if he plays full time, is a lock for 35+ extra base hits, will be amongst the home run and extra base hits leaders and has no injury history to speak of.....and he's available for your young and underperforming UMEBA players that might need a change of scenery to unlock their inner potential.
Robert0 Lizardo - RP - A reliable middle reliever with extensive closing experience, has an expiring contract at the end of the season and would love to pitch for a contender...what more could you ask for out of a relief rental?

And then one very special, still dominant, very much in his prime, player:

Takechi Eida - 2B/SS - Eida is by far the best player that will be available, though not necessarily traded, at this UMEBA trade deadline. Eida is, simply put, one of the 10 or so best players in all of the UMEBA. All Eida does is get...on....base. And he is one of only 3 players that gets on base more than 40% of his plate appearances.....and he does it 44% of the time. He is 2nd in the UMEBA in batting average, 1st in OBP, 3rd in hits, 4th in runs, 1st in SB and 2nd in walks. If he maintains that pace through the end of the season, he will have led the UMEBA in OBP and SB for 3 consecutive seasons and been 1st or 2nd in walks for 3 consecutive seasons. All of this comes with a steep price, as he is only 25 and has at least one more year of arbitration left, and that steep price is several of the best young players in your organization. There is no guarantee that Eida leaves Tripoli......but know that he is being put on the trade block to see if we can stimulate our organizational economy and set ourselves up to have a very large competitive window in the future.
Last edited by Treydmarq on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthony Kates
GM of the Tripoli Piranhas

"Winning isn't everything. But wanting to is." - Vince Lombardi
"Pain Heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Tripoli Trade Block

Post by Fat Nige » Fri May 14, 2021 6:32 am

Links? Player names in trade blocks, team news and trade confirmations have to be linked to their html page
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Post by tylertoo » Fri May 14, 2021 12:31 pm

Awesome trade block detail. And solid first trade! So glad to see Piranhas in good hands! :plus1:
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

Treydmarq
Ex-GM

Post by Treydmarq » Fri May 14, 2021 6:06 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:32 am
Links? Player names in trade blocks, team news and trade confirmations have to be linked to their html page
Consider the player names linked.
Anthony Kates

Treydmarq
Ex-GM

Re: Tripoli (Updated) Trade Block

Post by Treydmarq » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:11 pm

Updated trade block, for all of your contending needs.
Anthony Kates

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Post by scottsdale_joe » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:49 am

As a non-contender, I'm afraid I pass. Only Eida is of any real interest and I have nothing to offer that you might consider. Well, I could offer my only two quality prospects, but I won't.
Good luck in the trade market.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:02 pm

I refer you to the answer of my learned colleague. My cupboard is empty of any trade-able pieces
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GBC Trade Block”