2014 Season Awards Chatter Part 2

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

2014 Season Awards Chatter Part 2

Post by FuzzyRawley » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:21 pm

As promised, here's the next installment of my awards voting.

Starting with RP of the Year for the Burt League. This is one of the tougher contests for me but I have to go with Istanbul's Bras Gesteiras over Manama's Juan Pagan. Even though Pagan pitched more innings and put up a lower WHIP and higher WAR than Gesteiras, the 27 year old Brazilian had a career year where he saved 36 games, posted a 2.42 ERA and accumulated a 1.5 WAR over 67 IP. This is after flunking out of BBA after two seasons with Phoenix and being traded away from the Metro Stars. Maybe this 6'9" right hander is finally getting over his home sickness and getting used to a dry country with less BBQ and less bikinis.

Over to the Bancroft, this one is a pick your Impaler kind of choice. With three quality relievers vying for this award, Bucharest was blessed with an awesome bullpen. I guess if I'm going to choose one, it will be the CL Xavier Perez from Cagua, Venezuela. This closer was leaned on heavily this season, pitching 111 (Eleventy-one, as its known in the Shire) innings. He rewarded the Impalers with a solid 120 K's, a 2.68 WAR and a 3.16 ERA.

BURT Rookie of the Year

This feels like cheating, but I'm going to have to pick a 27 year old who had already played five seasons in the BBA. But, Istanbul's John Garcia wins easily. The Left Fielder crushed 56 HRs and scored 127 runs (both league leaders) resulting in a 143 WRC+. It's almost like UMEBA is an inferior league. This Puerto Rican is having a career resurgence like he's 50 year old Jennifer Lopez on a stripper pole at the Super Bowl.

Bancroft Rookie of the Year

Going back to Xavier Perez here, any closer that pitches eleventy one innings, deserves all the awards he can get.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2014 Season Awards Chatter Part 2

Post by RonCo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 pm

You could put these out as features.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GBC Chatter”