2041 Season Awards Chatter

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

2041 Season Awards Chatter

Post by FuzzyRawley » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm really terrible at voting for MVP/Cy Young/Gold Gloves etc in my other league, so I'm going to turn the page and start getting into this aspect of OOTP online leagues. What better place to start than here, in the best league going. So here we go. I\m going to breakdown my choices.

First up, Burt Leagure Position Player of the Year.

In my mind, this one is a no-brainer. It's Cairo's Mauro Garcia. This handsome Panamanian from Changuinola put up a 144 WRC+, a 9.2 ZR and a 5.5 WAR. Hitting .306, slugging 41 HR's and batting in a solid 118 runs. This was a stellar season for the 34 year old who looks like he's up for a new contract this year. $2.8 million looks like a bargain right now.

Next, we have the Bancroft Position Player of the Year

This one is not so obvious. Notwithstanding my own players, the Mumbai Metro Bums, there's not a lot to choose from in this league. I think I'm going with C Antonio Robles here. The 27-year old from Fleetwood, PA put up a career year since switching to UMEBA after being a journeyman in BBA. Robles put up a 155 WRC+ on the back of a .309 average, with 38 HR's and 94 RBI. This resulted in a healthy 4.62 WAR. An interesting note, the Town of Fleetwood, PA is called Schlegelschteddel in Pennsylvanian German.

Burt Pitcher of the Year

Here, I'm going with the Englishman Francis Wiles. The 30 year old from Derby County, UK finally found success after years in the BBA minors and a number of years bouncing up and down in the UMEBA. In 2041, he pitched an awesome 189.1 IP and held opponents with a 4.23 ERA and a respectable 3.2 WAR. Hopefully, this bloke wins Pitcher of the Year and if he does, hopefully he will become as famous in Derby as the The King of Rome, who some say is the Michael Jordan of racing pigeons (by some, I just mean myself).

Bancroft Pitcher of the Year

I'm definitely going full homer here. Can't pass up voting for my own guy SP Aurelio Fernandez. The Metro Stars signed the 30 year old from Soata, Colombia hoping that he would be the missing link to returning to the playoffs. Sadly, while Fernandez did everything to help carry the team, the rest of the squad chose to check out well before the all star break. Fernandez also had a career year after flunking out of BBA and 3 middling years with the Metro Stars. This year he pitched 192 innings and put up a 4.69 ERA (which would've been a lot lower if the Metro Bums could catch). He struck out 203, cut his HR% down to 3.2 despite the fact that opponents put up a .324 BABIP. It's a great turn of events for Aurelio, who was rumoured to be contemplating retirement and using his contacts in Mumbai to enter the import business in India (I can make that joke cause I'm married to a Colombian).

Stay tuned for my next post where I'll lay out my picks for Reliever and Rookie of the year.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2041 Season Awards Chatter

Post by recte44 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 am

Awesome for Robles. One decent year for me in LV.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GBC Chatter”