Huge Scandal for Impalers Results in Fookes boot!

allenciox
Ex-GM

Huge Scandal for Impalers Results in Fookes boot!

Post by allenciox » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:30 am

The July 20, 2041 game between Bucharest and Mumbai will go down as more notable for its after-game explosion than for anything that happened in the 13-1 victory for Bucharest. Immediately after the end of the game, Manager Cameron Fookes literally tackled third baseman Jeffrey Cunningham as he headed back to the clubhouse. Catcher William Parker said, "I have seen bench-clearing brawls before, but this is the first time I have witnessed one between members of the same team!"

A spokesman for the team said afterwards that as a result of the altercation, which apparently had to do with Cunningham refusing to steal a base after receiving a sign to do so, Fookes was immediately terminated. Also terminated was bench coach Alejandro Guardado .
AAA Manager of the Luanda Anglers John Day was announced as the new manager for Bucharest, while single A Jakarta manager Wally Harris will take over the reins from Day in Luanda. The new Jakarta manager and the bench coach position at Bucharest will be filled in coming weeks, a team spokesman declared.

The Impalers will still be responsible for the rest of Fooke's $600,000 contract for this year and its entirety for next year.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Huge Scandal for Impalers Results in Fookes boot!

Post by RonCo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Boys will be boys.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Huge Scandal for Impalers Results in Fookes boot!

Post by jleddy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Yikes!
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GBC Chatter”