The Bucharest Digest - 2046.1

GM: Joe Faulstick

Moderator: Joby21

kmcbride
Ex-GM

The Bucharest Digest - 2046.1

Post by kmcbride » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:22 pm

My dream job has always been to work in the front office a professional baseball team, having unprecedented access to players, operations and ownership. To be at the forefront of trades, signings, roster moves, personnel decisions. When I dreamed this dream, it was Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles. Not New York. New York sucks. Maybe Chicago?

But I woke up this morning in Bucharest, Romania. Because dreams don’t exactly come true. Because life just isn’t that kind. Or maybe its because a month ago I was an intern, and have no real credentials or qualifications and this is the best I could do. Yeah, maybe. But it’s easier to just blame the cruel universe and its unfair ways.

One of the only people here who speaks the same language as me is the guy who is bringing me along to be his assistant GM, and thats the newly hired General Manager, Keith McBride. The only problem is, he’s not here. He should be here, but he’s not.

Today I arrived at his office in the basement of the Ballpark of Bucharest and waited for two hours before someone from the team told me that he would not be here today. He accidentally booked his flight to Budapest. Not Bucharest. Budapest. Which is in Hungary. Not Romania. Not even close.

God help me. This guy is an idiot.

Return to “Sao Paulo Pilots”